2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought an '07 Civic Type S GT 1.8 and whilst checking the clutch fluid for gunk (squeaky clutch pedal) I've discovered 2 loose cables behind the radiator (just underneath the bonnet latch).

One of them forks from the loom that connects to the radiator fan on the drivers side but I can't see where the other one comes from without sticking my whole head in there and the engine was hot when I just had a look so I didn't fancy that :D

They look like they're possibly supposed to be plugged into each other but without knowing what they are or why they might be disconnected (the car has FHSH) I didn't fancy trying that without getting a bit more information about them.

I'll post some photos below, I just need to up my post count a bit first.

Any help on identifying what they might be would be greatly appreciated.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,283 Posts
No one? :(

Alternatively anyone point me at an engine bay layout/wiring map?
Are both fans spinning? Looks very much like a fan power cable to me

Reactions: Strawdog

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The plug branches off the driver's side fan power cable (middle photo) but both fans were running fine and still are now I've plugged these back together - after a quick run round the block, running the air con on both hot and cold, it's not made any discernible difference from when they were disconnected :\

The socket on the right in the final picture (on the left looking from the front of the car) clipped into the metal plate you can just see at the top of the photo, this plate sits beneath the bonnet latch but I'm still non the wiser as to what this cable is :)

Now to wait and see if I have a flat battery or engine warning light waiting for me in the morning :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts