2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any problems with the little plastic cover that goes over the bolt holding the wiper arm on?

One of mine is a very loose fit and I'm lucky not to have lost it. I discovered it on the ground when I was washing the car the other day.

·
Geordies!!!!:-):-)
1,839 Posts
yep yet another thing i have noticed a few times and have found laying on my drive....god knows how i havent to run over it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your comments. I've glued the cover on with some UHU glue. It should not stick too tight so I will be able to get the cover off if I need to. If the glue fails I'll try blue-tack.

Having only had the car for 6 weeks, I was a bit disappointed to discover this problem and am surprised that Honda have not sorted it out. Overall I'm still very very happy with the car though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've never had any cover fall off a wiper arm before, but on this honda I too keep finding it on the floor or on the platic grill below the wipers once I've washed the car.

Yet another thing to add to the list of bits that fall off!

·
Registered
716 Posts
...and that concludes the case for the defence m'lud :)

Ahh yes but you notice the admittance of a 'problem' there by accepting it shouldn't happen. Acceptance of a problem is also acceptance of responsibilty :)

As my mum used to say if Nissan told you to jump in the fire would you?

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Ahh yes but you notice the admittance of a 'problem' there by accepting it shouldn't happen. Acceptance of a problem is also acceptance of responsibilty :)

As my mum used to say if Nissan told you to jump in the fire would you?
No. Acceptance of a problem is just that. It does not define acceptance of responsibility in any way whatsoever.

Yet again, by merely stating that in defense of Honda, it isnt just Civics that have this problem its now being made to look like i'm attempting to sidestep the issue.

And you lot wonder why hardly any dealers come on here???

I think i'll use this as the stray that breaks the camels back. You can all come to whatever conclusions you like about Honda, the Civic and any other problems in the world that you all deem the fault of the Honda motor company.

Good luck.

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
No. Acceptance of a problem is just that. It does not define acceptance of responsibility in any way whatsoever.

Yet again, by merely stating that in defense of Honda, it isnt just Civics that have this problem its now being made to look like i'm attempting to sidestep the issue.

I think i'll use this as the straw that breaks the camels back. You can all come to whatever conclusions you like about Honda, the Civic and any other problems in the world that you all deem the fault of the Honda motor company.

Good luck.
Oops!

·
Registered
716 Posts

I think i'll use this as the stray that breaks the camels back. You can all come to whatever conclusions you like about Honda, the Civic and any other problems in the world that you all deem the fault of the Honda motor company.

Good luck.
I'm hoping Dan was having a bad day and missed the tone of my post, if not and he's gone for good I apologise to the users of this site.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts