2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.votelordi.org/

Finnish participant in this year's Eurovision song contest.
For the record, I think they suck.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Final tonight, don't forget to vote! [smilie=spank.gif]

·
Registered
288 Posts
Lordi will win the eurovision, Finland will win the hockey championships. Both will come to Senaatintori, there will be hornets flying over people will go bonkers!

or

Not? :)

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We'll see. The hockey team seems to stand no chance in tonight's match.

Lordi on the other hand might have a shot.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
I thik that they are probably THE funniest thing I've seen for ages.....comedy IS alive and well.

Also, where my restaurant is, my two neighbouring restaurants are both Dutch owned, and they really take the whole Eurovision thing seriously......Is it only the UK that sees it as an exercise in taking the p**s out of our Euro cousins??? :roll: :roll:

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes. We always execute the losers when they come back. There's a public hanging after a few days of humiliation in all the media. [smilie=666.gif]

It's mostly the media here that makes it seem like a big deal when clearly it is not. Propably something to do with how badly Finland has done in the damn thing every year. I personally couldn't care less who wins.

Now vote! :p

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Vote Lordi! They get my vote, someone not taking it too seriously.

Well, must dash, off to a EuroVision Party (I know its only 4pm), unfortunately one of our friends is a big fan and its her 30th today, so we have to endure a EuroVision party, mind you they have got a projector in the garden with a screen to watch it on which sits quite close to a large paddling pool.............. I wonder :twisted:

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Go Lordi!!!!!! Upmost respect is due there - I'll be downloading that from iTunes tomorrow morning!!!!
........Maybe not.......... :oops: :roll:

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's that then. Maybe now we Finns can finally move on with life...

By the way, I was watching the contest on BBC Prime. Terry Wogan was mocking all contestants equally much. :lol:

He was the second slowest around the Top Gear track :roll: Wasn't he also the one who got lost? :)

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
Good Ol Terry Wigon, was funny listening to the scores coming in, think he's getting a bit fed up with it :lol: :lol:

Well done Finland, best winner and entry for years :D :D

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As I said earlier - they suck.

Wait till you hear their earlier 'hit' single "Would you love a monsterman" [smilie=puker.gif]

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Over 90 000 people celebrating [smilie=666.gif]
Incredible

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts