2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

In the past 2 days I have noticed a loud click, something like seized metal clicking into place when I try to set off after long periods of being stationary.

It seems like its coming from the rear passenger side and I have assumed it's the suspension, but I can't tell for sure. There aren't any of these noises when moving off from traffic lights etc. only when setting off initially after a long dwell e.g. overnight or after work.

Anyone have any ideas/ experience with this?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Any chance you could expand on why?

Additional info:

It didn't happen any time over winter and just appeared in the last day or so. This makes me think on the lines that it could be some parts rubbing together or a spontaneous break in something within the last few days?

I have attempted to engage and disengage the handbrake in an attempt to recreate the noise, but had no success. It only happens during the setoff after a long dwell.

It sounds just like your handbrake releasing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
My car does this in damp weather or even more so if I wash my car and leave it sitting over night I really think it's just to do with metal retracting when cold and damp you see your disc slightly have a film off rust over them if the car has been sitting damp really think it's sticky parts retracting and expanding

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting, did your car do this over winter also? Say in Dec or Jan?
You ever have any other issues because of it or just the loud click?

My car does this in damp weather or even more so if I wash my car and leave it sitting over night I really think it's just to do with metal retracting when cold and damp you see your disc slightly have a film off rust over them if the car has been sitting damp really think it's sticky parts retracting and expanding

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
You ever have any other issues because of it or just the loud click?[/

My car only does it every now and then really if it's been sitting when it's damp and cold it could be you've a sticky brake calliper but it wold do it all the time I would think

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,165 Posts
You ever have any other issues because of it or just the loud click?
My car only does it every now and then really if it's been sitting when it's damp and cold it could be you've a sticky brake calliper but it wold do it all the time I would think
My cars have always done this, especially after washing and not moving it for a day. Nothing to worry about at all.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good to know it's nothing to worry about.

I'm going to jump around in the boot before I head off after work and see if the noise happens. Just to eliminate it being a suspension issue.

My cars have always done this, especially after washing and not moving it for a day. Nothing to worry about at all.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I'm not sure how or why, but the loud click hasn't happened since I posted about the problem in here. Must be the Civinfo fairies at play..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts