2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I hope someone can offer some advice because this is driving me crazy now.

Every time i pull away mainly in the morning after the car has been sat over night there is a loud clunk noise. The noise is only one loud clunk and is not repeated again until i have parked up, left the car for a while and set off again.

From the Driver's seat it sounds like it is coming from the rear of the vehicle. Almost like something has seized and i have forced it to move and then it is free so the noise is no more. After a few months and checking areas of the car i still have no clue what the problem is.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Sounds like the exhaust rubber bush mine makes the same noise one clunk as I drive off then not heard again if you have a look on wiki it's perfectly normal:)

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
This sounds like rear brake pads sticking/light rust to the discs.
If i rem correctly its the rear ones that get applied from the hand brake.

Its totally normal. If you have high performance brake discs with a higher iron content, they tend to seize over night more often, even in light rain.

Once i came back from a 2 week holiday, and all 4 brakes were stuck, had to really rev the car to get free, and they made the loudest clunks ever :)

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Its the handbrake sticking on mate mine does it now and again, nothing to worry about

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
I find it happens to me if I wash the car/wheels and then don't drive it until the next day. I usually get a loud clunk.

Completely normal.

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,165 Posts
I find it happens to me if I wash the car/wheels and then don't drive it until the next day. I usually get a loud clunk.

Completely normal.
Spot on

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
I don't know if this is the same but when mines is cold I've noticed lately a clunk when I start mines sounds like something hitting off something once then goes I've had a burning rubber smell too had it back at the dealers they road tested can't smell the burning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts