2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2007 Civic Type-S GT with a loud hum coming from the car between the speeds of 50-60mph, it seems to quieten a bit when above those speeds, so I suspect it is my wheel bearings? or could it be something else. It's been happening for quite a while now, but because I don't use the car that much, never really got round to getting it looked at.

Is this a likely explanation, and what should I expect it to cost to fix?

Or could it be something with the tyres. The rears are getting low and probably need replacing soon, but still perfectly legal and doesn't get used that much anyway as mentioned before.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Could be rear tyre wear, the inside edge can wear unevely causing a drone - mine did it until I threw the rubbish Goodyears away and put on a set of new Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas, now the loudest sound is the ticking of the wife...

Dave

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm ok, I have the 18in Blade alloys, so the tyres are low profile. Would I still have the issue with those as well?

·
Fuel Save Mode..
2,613 Posts
Could be rear tyre wear, the inside edge can wear unevely causing a drone - mine did it until I threw the rubbish Goodyears away and put on a set of new Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas, now the loudest sound is the ticking of the wife...

Dave
Sorry nothing to do with the OP's issue but Good Choice man!
master811 - check for wheel bearings..

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
My 2.2EX with 18" low profile wheels makes a loud humming sound too around the same speed. Checked it out by the local garage and it's definitely not the wheel bearing. It's coming from one of the rear tyres which is nearing the legal limit so I'll try your suggestion by changing the tyre.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts