2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
retroppuS
957 Posts
Martelius is supposed to be nuts.

Think I'll be going down the tegiwa route with silencer cut out as it's supposed to be mega loud also.

·
Fox Main
66 Posts
How much can one expect to pick up a second hand Martelius?

Loxy mentioned in another thread that they come up quite often as people don't realise how loud they are!

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Martelius is loud however a custom 3inch could sound better and will give more gains.

·
A wizard is never late...
793 Posts
I wouldn't say my 3 inch is louder than the marty, is only really loud between 2-3k rpm and minimal drone at 60 and 70mph

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Is it actually legal to put on these noisy exhausts? I know one of my colleagues said he had to revert his exhaust every time the MOT came around or it would fail.

·
Fox Main
66 Posts
Is it actually legal to put on these noisy exhausts? I know one of my colleagues said he had to revert his exhaust every time the MOT came around or it would fail.
Hi mate :) Could be that he had a race header on, with a decat, in which case this would fail the MOT.

Think a loud exhaust alone would only get you in trouble if someone put in a complaint about you tearing up and down the road in the small hours.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
J'S Racing 60rs is pretty loud

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Hi mate :) Could be that he had a race header on, with a decat, in which case this would fail the MOT.

Think a loud exhaust alone would only get you in trouble if someone put in a complaint about you tearing up and down the road in the small hours.
There is no legislation in the UK that sets a max noise limit for production cars. However, it is an offence under to modify the exhaust so that it is noisier than "standard". It is not an offence for the exhaust to be noisy if that is how the car was made.

The police will be much more likely to stop a car with a very noisy exhaust, and they may look to test it against a standard database, prosecuting if need be. Reports suggest that they still allow a fair bit of latitude from the "standard" figure - so it's only the very noisiest that are at risk of serious bother.

In short, if you don't want to p_i_ss off your neighbours and plod, don't go for something stupidly loud

·
Premium Member
760 Posts

No idea what he had done. Just making the OP aware that it might be a problem. If it is an MOT failure then I suspect its opinion based as I doubt they would use a sound Meter.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Would I get away with a custom build from the back section only then? As in the tail end, if that makes any sense.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts