2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I'm new here after lurking for a couple of weeks. I think I'm about to get myself an SE or ES 5door. Had a great test drive and had a short question about the radio. I found it lacked a bit of bass and on having a play with it I couldn't find a 'loudness' control which boosts bass at lower sound levels. I've never not seen that before. Is there such a control and if so, please where is it?

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Hi folks,

I'm new here after lurking for a couple of weeks. I think I'm about to get myself an SE or ES 5door. Had a great test drive and had a short question about the radio. I found it lacked a bit of bass and on having a play with it I couldn't find a 'loudness' control which boosts bass at lower sound levels. I've never not seen that before. Is there such a control and if so, please where is it?
AFAIK there is none, _but_ why would you want it having the speed-dependent volume control? Both at once would be too much I'm afraid [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm afraid there is no loudness button but only a bass control which is usless anyway when you turn the volume up. Once the volume goes over a certain level the bass control does nothing.

This is all because its the worst stereo setup i've seen for a long time on a new car. The head unit is woeful and the factory speakers are the cheapest quality rubbish ever.

If you like your music then a few simple upgrades will make a difference

Have a look through these pages for some ideas.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I found that just replacing the speakers didn't help very much because of the poor quality of the amp. Had to install a new one in the boot to get good sound quality.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm...that's what I feared. This will be a 'company' car - on a contract hire so I'm not wanting to spend on upgrading the speakers, etc especially if it's doubtful that it will make much of a difference.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Replacement of speakers does help to some extent, the problem imo is that it's to weak to produce decent bass. A new amp will help, and you'll also get better sound clarity and transparency.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts