2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wish we could get this version looks sportier.

Attachments

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
You can. Just import it :p

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just messaged the American car Showroom in Germany to see how much the Honda Civic 9Gen SI costs. As that would be already imported to Germany. Would love it cause nobody in the UK would have one. ;-)

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Just messaged the American car Showroom in Germany to see how much the Honda Civic 9Gen SI costs. As that would be already imported to Germany. Would love it cause nobody in the UK would have one. ;-)
Hahaha awesome.

Subscribed :)

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wonder if they have a flashpro for it already. It'd look mint at any Jap shows in the UK think it'd win a few Trophies for being a one off in the UK especially with some MODS on. Think you'd need a trophy cabinet. It'll definitely stand out. ;-)

Drive it into TDI's and see the look on their face. ;-)

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Am I reading those specs right? 201 bhp from a 2.4? No wonder they didn't badge it a Type R......

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Am I reading those specs right? 201 bhp from a 2.4? No wonder they didn't badge it a Type R......

Maybe you can get more out of it, they probably just limited the amount of hp? could do with a slight remap.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Maybe you can get more out of it, they probably just limited the amount of hp? could do with a slight remap.
Seems strange that they limited it that much though.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Theres already hondata tune available to the Si. Its america nobody runs unmodded lol

·
Registered
616 Posts
I think their 4 door looks better tho

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
So America gets an R before Europe does? Ridiculous.

Whilst I understand its probably only an intermediate model pending the 300bhp R why haven't they produced it here?

I can only guess its emissions but then again a 300bhp R isn't going to be green either this side of electric assist, which kind of destroys that argument also.

I agree from the poor picture (it is very small) and you can't see all aspects, it does look a lot better than the UK 9 gen. Maybe the UK and US markets aren't so different after all. Wonder if it has a "stick" shifter? :)

If you want something different Jeza I'd say get it bought if you can live with L/H drive. It would costs thousands to mod a European spec 9 gen to look anything like that nevermind the fact that you'd have to exchange or force charge the engine to get 200bhp.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts

The K20 engine in the previous SI was phased out so they put in a K24 (Accord engine) in the new model instead. SI fans definitely preferred the K20 version. R18 and R20 are obviously out of the question.

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So America gets an R before Europe does? Ridiculous.

Whilst I understand its probably only an intermediate model pending the 300bhp R why haven't they produced it here?

I can only guess its emissions but then again a 300bhp R isn't going to be green either this side of electric assist, which kind of destroys that argument also.

I agree from the poor picture (it is very small) and you can't see all aspects, it does look a lot better than the UK 9 gen. Maybe the UK and US markets aren't so different after all. Wonder if it has a "stick" shifter? :)

If you want something different Jeza I'd say get it bought if you can live with L/H drive. It would costs thousands to mod a European spec 9 gen to look anything like that never mind the fact that you'd have to exchange or force charge the engine to get 200bhp.
Left hand drive doesn't bother me, Im use to having the drivers side on the wrong side of the road, I've been in Germany since November 2008. Plus I've driven plenty of lhd cars.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I like these and also think they should import or better still make it here with our Euro 9g dash and kit (Ours have far more)

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
The K20 engine in the previous SI was phased out so they put in a K24 (Accord engine) in the new model instead. SI fans definitely preferred the K20 version. R18 and R20 are obviously out of the question.

Why is the R20 out of the question.... Ok its much newer than the K20 and less tuning options at the moment, but is a good engine.
I wish the R20 was an option on our 9g's

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wonder if enough of us say we want these ones the Dealers on here will let the other garages know to get this version in the UK? Wishful thinking. ;-)

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I like these and also think they should import or better still make it here with our Euro 9g dash and kit (Ours have far more)

Whoa, that dash is so cool, far better than the UK 9 gen dash.

Love the carbon look and the sat nav looks far more integrated.

Steering wheel looks quality. Much more of a 9 gen and 8 gen mix than the Uk version.

I like the rear as well, reminds me of the Celica instead of the Prius.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts