2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pothole Surfer
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise?

I am looking to change the front pads for something with less dust. I google search shows a few american brands offering organic / ceramic compounds with virtually no dust, but there is no way i will get them for the Euro Civic.

Basically, i'm left with EBC / Greenstuff / Redstuff etc. Will the 8G pads fit the 9G? And does anyone have any experience with the EBC range? i.e do they feel OE.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Dont know if the 8g pads fit 9g models but ive just bought ferodo brake pads all round and they are very clean compared to mintex I had before and the performance is good aswell

Sent from my GT-I9305

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Dont know if the 8g pads fit 9g models but ive just bought ferodo brake pads all round and they are very clean compared to mintex I had before and the performance is good aswell

Sent from my GT-I9305

As Ian says but you want Ferodo Premier pads, these are very very clean. In fact Ian swapped his mintex pads that had done less than 3000 miles due to the fact how clean these are when he was looking at mine and his wheels

·
Pothole Surfer
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
I spoke to Opie, they haven't got the 9G on th datasheet so it looks like they have not been released yet. Bah, guess i'll have to wait some more...

might be worth getting the Honda part numbers so you can cross ref them as I bet they are the same pads as used in other Honda's

·
Pothole Surfer
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
might be worth getting the Honda part numbers so you can cross ref them as I bet they are the same pads as used in other Honda's
Maybe, but i've cross referenced the 8G pads and they are indeed different. I'll have a look at the other models later. Thanks for your help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts