2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new Type R on Sunday (2nd one i've had, pictures to follow) and not sure whether there is an issue with the low fuel light.
Its got a range of 19 miles left and its 1 white line above the empty mark but still no light has come on to warn of low fuel.
Anyone think there may be a problem? Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Cheers in advance

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
I have exact same thing on occasions, don't think its any fault after all the light is only a indication based on fuel left compared to various conditions such as how harsh your driving etc

Be interested to see if anyone says different

·
Coffee isnt my cup of tea
1,264 Posts
Theres not really a specific place from what i've heard but mine comes on very late so just keep on eye on the fuel and dont wait for the light ahah

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
It will depend on how you've been driving, as it's based on fuel amount left rather than miles to go. If you've been driving hard it will come on with less miles to go, if you've been a bit more economical it will come on "earlier".

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
mine usually crops up between 30 and 20miles left on the mile range, but as said it depends on how long your journey has been, how hard or soft you have been driving etc lowest ive got mine before the light comes on is 23miles i think. Never usually let it get that far but its the end of month and im waiting on that pay check :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts