2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anybody tell me at what level of fuel remaining does the warning light come on and centre indicator. I know the hand book says 7.5 litres but how does this come out in miles. The reason I am asking is that I have just been away in australia for the last four weeks and the car has been stood on the drive. I have 33 miles left on the mileage indicator and the light has not come on yet. I thought that before I went away it used to come on round about 55 miles. just wondering if I have a problem with it.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
the short answer is - it depends! :D

When mine comes on it is usually when showing 30-40 miles left, but this depends on how enthusiasticly I have been driving (ie 50mpg or 25 mpg :wink:)

If I then fill it up quite soon, I get about 46-47ltrs in, filling it right to the brim.

So I would say that your light should be coming on about..... now :)
If you live more than a few miles from the petrol station it'll probably be on by the time you get there :)

·
Bournemouth Belle
900 Posts
Mine lit up with 28 miles remaining this morning.

·
Mondeo Mann is here!!
1,333 Posts
Usually comes on when its 30 miles or under. Again depends on how your driving at the time

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
mine depends too, it must be based on the litres, but the needle always seems to be different as well as the miles left, usually comes on between 25 and 35 miles remaining...

I then get about 44 - 46 litres in...

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
I've not had mines come up yet, I did think it would of when I was getting 33 mpg and had 29 miles left in the tank. Decided to get fuel at that point as I didn't want to find out it didn't work lol!

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Usually it come at 50 Km left, last time I drove with the light more than 60 Km the range was at 0 Km since about 15 Km and I've added 47.5 litres in the tank... of gas oil of course.

The average consumption is 6.5 l/100 km

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Confirmed. It's lit at 50 km left.
After that I drive a few km, and then I manage to get 43 l on the tank.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Mine comes on around 30 miles left, however in the type r i find this disappears quite quickly! I wish it came on sooner, i've almost been caught short a few times, i pulled on to the petrol forecourt with 1 mile to go the other day! At the begining of my journey (c14 miles) it said i had 30 to go!

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
Mine comes on around 30 miles left, however in the type r i find this disappears quite quickly! I wish it came on sooner, i've almost been caught short a few times, i pulled on to the petrol forecourt with 1 mile to go the other day! At the begining of my journey (c14 miles) it said i had 30 to go!
did you vtec for 5 of those miles ;)
joking, i find this too

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I find that I'm leaving it alot later to fill up now I have my civic than in the punto I was driving previously. It's due to the "miles to go" display. I know its not a particularly acurate reading at time but I have 3 or 4 petrol stations within a couple of miles of my house so I'm tending to leave it right till the last minute before filling up again. This time round the light came on at about 28 miles left and by the time I filled up this morning I think it said something like 8 miles left and I had to put 46litres in to fill it up

1 - 16 of 16 Posts