2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
everyday i get older
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mate has a 57plate type R and is using Vpower..

He is only getting around 240miles per tank, none spirited driving partical motorway...

Could there be something wrong with the car as i seem to get nearly 330miles out of a tank of vpower in town driving alone, and got 400miles spirited driving to Traxs a few weeks back...

Any ideas peeps???

·
Registered
36 Posts
is it using any oil?

could be a bad engine/badly run in if it is...

·
Registered
36 Posts
400 miles out of a tank? Do you drive like an OAP?!

I filled up with VPower yesterday when the car was telling me that I had 35 miles of fuel left. I'd managed 280 odd miles with a mixture of motorway and town driving. That's pretty normal sort of consumption for me.

When you do fill up compared to your mate? Do you run it right down whilst he's fills up with 70 miles left in the tank...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Does your friend do a lot of short journey? Or is he 'one of those' who start the car, then lets it 'warm up' stationary before moving off? (sounds stupid i know, but i have heard of it). :confused:

I got 353miles out of my last tank with the car telling me I had a further 17 left.

·
everyday i get older
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
400 miles out of a tank? Do you drive like an OAP?!

I filled up with VPower yesterday when the car was telling me that I had 35 miles of fuel left. I'd managed 280 odd miles with a mixture of motorway and town driving. That's pretty normal sort of consumption for me.

When you do fill up compared to your mate? Do you run it right down whilst he's fills up with 70 miles left in the tank...
Haha no far from it.... This was on the way to trax at like 4am in the morning, 300miles on the motorway at 70-80 (and a bit more at one point :S hehe) and a fair bit of Vtec YOOOO!!!! Normally i get 300-330 out of my vpower tank, and i fill up with about 10miles left in the tank, its also a good 20mile Round trip to get the Vpower as the only shell garage is mile away, so i dont take it steady..

which is why im confused he's only getting 240miles

Does your friend do a lot of short journey? Or is he 'one of those' who start the car, then lets it 'warm up' stationary before moving off? (sounds stupid i know, but i have heard of it). :confused:

I got 353miles out of my last tank with the car telling me I had a further 17 left.
I think he does a a mix of motorway and town to work.. bout 17miles each way.

is it using any oil?

could be a bad engine/badly run in if it is...
Ill ask...

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
That makes sense then, I get 270ish from a 'tank' but tend to fill up with 50 or so miles left.
Wish I had the pleasure - filled up with 3 miles remaining this morning. £10 - got me enough petrol to suggest I had approx 49miles in the tank (when you'd be filling up)

Reason I don't fill up full most times - unless I know I'll need more petrol, is because it won't last if I know it's in there. If I used the same money £50 - £55 spaced out over 2 weeks it'll last me longer, than fillingup in one go.. :razz:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had a type r new for five months and do a lot of short journeys. The red beasty only managed 230-240 every time bfore the light fame on from full no matter how I drove it and that was the reason why I changed it for a type s diesel which manages at least 400 before the light comes on and 500 plus on the motorway but will never sound like a type r!

·
Registered
631 Posts
i just filled mine up with 14 left on the range and i got 255 to the tank
that sounds about right from reading this forum and thats driving without the vtec, 400 christ in my dreams

·
Registered
391 Posts
I only do 250 between fill up's and i always brim the tank. I don't run it to empty though. To be honest I'd say you get too many MPG, than he gets too few ;) If your getting 400 miles from a tank, that's about 40MPG. 300 miles if you run the tank to empty is more realistic at about 30MPG.

·
everyday i get older
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I only do 250 between fill up's and i always brim the tank. I don't run it to empty though. To be honest I'd say you get too many MPG, than he gets too few ;) If your getting 400 miles from a tank, that's about 40MPG. 300 miles if you run the tank to empty is more realistic at about 30MPG.
ye i keep telling him its not too bad, compared to the alternates in our sort of range, rx8/focus st etc...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts