2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I check my oil at least every weekend and last week, my oil was about a quarter above the min mark and I'm booked for a service on tuesday so thought it would be ok. On my way out, my oil light comes on and I'm in the middle of the motorway so I travel another 3-4 miles to get oil from a petrol station without ever going over 50mph.

will my car be alright? Is this normal as no way could the car have used a quarter of oil in the space of a few days when I have been driving carefully. :confused:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes I did, it was sitting just below the quarter mark yet the light came on and stayed on. I only topped the oil up by 2 litres but confused why it happened. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, I think I should be okay as I regulary check my oil levels. lesson learned, I will top up to the max everytime I check now instead of halfway mark

·
Registered
164 Posts
Did the opposite with added some oil and went slightly over maximum mark. Hoping this wont cause a problem as its only slightly over...

·
Registered
610 Posts
What did we do before we had an oil level light!:rolleyes:

Check with your eyes.
Anywhere between min and max markers are fine. The level indicator is random and comes on when it likes. Seen cars with people flapping with it 3/4 full.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will be checkin the oil levels more often as this my last car never drank as much oil as this car.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I will be checkin the oil levels more often as this my last car never drank as much oil as this car.
1 of the little pleasures of vtec mate unfortunatly they guzzle oil when in tec

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its okay, I checked the oil level the next day and it was slightly below the max mark. I have completely changed the oil due to having a service this morning. Will be checking every week now :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts