2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday evening i stalled in the middle of a 3 point manoeuvre as soon as it stalled i put my foot on clutch and pressed start as usual check battery light came on, but i also noticed "low oil pressure" i got to my mates house, left car for about 5mins and engine oil was half way up the dipstick...was it the sudden change in direction the cause of oil to sway to one side of the sump to cause that light? the light never came back on and no other warning lights have come on...i know that there is usually a red oil lamp light that comes on if there is any issues with oil pressure as it happened to by bosses CRV, i assume it was just the spare of the moment thing?

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
Yesterday evening i stalled in the middle of a 3 point manoeuvre as soon as it stalled i put my foot on clutch and pressed start as usual check battery light came on, but i also noticed "low oil pressure" i got to my mates house, left car for about 5mins and engine oil was half way up the dipstick...was it the sudden change in direction the cause of oil to sway to one side of the sump to cause that light? the light never came back on and no other warning lights have come on...i know that there is usually a red oil lamp light that comes on if there is any issues with oil pressure as it happened to by bosses CRV, i assume it was just the spare of the moment thing?
It happened to me a while back. Never happened since. Just keep your eye on it.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Yeh I've had this every time, not that I've stalled that often ;), I drive other cars alot and find the type r a very harsh clutch after driving others hence the stall, and have had low oil pressure light each time.

Sent from Gaz's iPhone :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Did the low oil pressure warning come on when the engine stopped and did it clear on restart?

I've noticed a warning message when stalling the engine, "check system" I think, but it reset on restarting the engine. I believe it is due to the engine stopping without using the key and leads the computor to think there is a fault.

I disregard the warning in these circumstance as the oil pressure has dropped due to the engine stopping. It would be different if the warning came on with the engine running.

·
Registered
353 Posts
nah it came on when the engine was fully stopped and i pressed start
If it went out when you restarted it was probably due to the engine stopping. I would expect the low oil pressure light to come on when the engine was fully stopped. This happens when you stop the engine by turning the key but it is not noticable as the key is not in position 2. As all controls were in the engine running condition the computor probably couldn't tell the difference between an engine stall and a fault condition as happened to me.

If the message stayed after the engine was restarted it may have been a momentary surge of oil or a computor glich.

If it when out when you restarted dont worry but monitor the situation and act accordingly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts