2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had an ongoing issue with getting a code for 'P2004 Intake Manifold Runner Control Valve, incorrect position' which goes away on it's own if it's left for a hundred miles or so but comes back as soon as I clear the error code history. I'm guessing that codes shouldn't just go off from the dash if you ignore them after a period of time but it does feel like that is what's happening.

The car doesn't seem to have any guts in first or second and sounds like a clapped out old van up to 2000rpm, after this then the engine smooths out and pulls as normal.

This has come about after the car had a service with fuel filter change. Any thoughts on what might be the issue and whether the IMRC code would cause the rough running?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I've had an ongoing issue with getting a code for 'P2004 Intake Manifold Runner Control Valve, incorrect position' which goes away on it's own if it's left for a hundred miles or so but comes back as soon as I clear the error code history. I'm guessing that codes shouldn't just go off from the dash if you ignore them after a period of time but it does feel like that is what's happening.

The car doesn't seem to have any guts in first or second and sounds like a clapped out old van up to 2000rpm, after this then the engine smooths out and pulls as normal.

This has come about after the car had a service with fuel filter change. Any thoughts on what might be the issue and whether the IMRC code would cause the rough running?

Thank you
I'm not to clued up on all this but I know that it's always best to use OEM fuel filters as the 2.2's really don't like anything else. Do you know if the fuel filter was genuine or not?

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Was a genuine Honda fuel filter used? As a number of forum members have experienced problems when using a non Honda filter.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got in touch with the garage now. They fitted an Mahle KC256d fuel filter. What is the correct one that should be fitted? Would anyone expect these issues to be brought on by the wrong filter?

I've just had a look at the guide on here to change it, looks like I'll be giving that a whirl as the garage will want another lump on notes to change it again.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I've got in touch with the garage now. They fitted an Mahle KC256d fuel filter. What is the correct one that should be fitted? Would anyone expect these issues to be brought on by the wrong filter?

I've just had a look at the guide on here to change it, looks like I'll be giving that a whirl as the garage will want another lump on notes to change it again.
As far as I'm aware that's a non genuine fuel filter, the genuine ones are just Honda ones and can be purchased from cox. The part number your looking for is 16901-RJL-E01

Numerous people have had problems on here with non genuine fuel filters so it's best to just stick to the oem ones :)

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,788 Posts
Denso make the OEM filters for Honda diesels (other than early diesels, like mine, that have Bosch fuel filters). Mahle filters are pretty good (they make the OEM i-CDTi engine oil filter), but the guys above are correct to be suspicious.

I don't think your problem is the fuel filter, as that would probably result in P1065 and/or P0087 DTCs and a resulting CEL. I think that either the MAF needs cleaning or the EGR valve is failing to close reliably.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts