2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evenin'

I've just noticed this oddness when driving - usually under decent (not harsh) acceleration, from around 2 to 3k revs theres a very very faint "rattle"... its almost so faint as not to be heard at all .... doesn't happen all the time, seems to be a little under load, not cruising sort of thing....

I've looked after the car, use the proper oil and filters and do so regularly.....

Is it normal. I'd say its probably injector noise or perhaps the vtec but from what I know vtec won't kick in until mental revs or acceleration?

Anyone else had similar?

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Vtec on the 1.8 happens at 3.5k or when you floor it. It is not that noise. More likely resonance. I get a hum from the exhaust at around 2k when it resonates, nice sound. Injectors click rather than hum.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Defs not resonance, I get that at low revs in slightly the wrong gear (like trundling in 3rd when I should be in 2nd to accelerate) - I know there's a heatshield or manifold issue some people have...

Oddly the noise seems to have stopped of late... could just be oil... she's due a service soon so I'll see if it happens after that.... :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.