2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have had my Type R for 22 Months from new. Up until about 3 months ago I always used Super Unleaded, BP Ultimate 97 RON actually. Every single time!

Now petrol is ridiculous and I put £400 - 500 a month in as is on 95 RON so I recently dropped to using normal 95 RON BP Petrol and on occassion I just go to whatever other garage, Texaco, Independant whatever. I have noticed on two different occassions when I pulled up at traffic lights and the car was idling the revs drop to 700-800 and then kick up to 1500 before dropping back down again. I have only ever noticed this once before, I think this batch of petrol is from a cheaper garage.

Could this be what is causing it? When I pulled up in my driveway I left it running for about 5 minutes and it did it twice.

I am going now to fill it up with Ultimate Unleaded again and see what happens.

Is this normal or should I just take it into the dealer?

Thanks
Steve

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
I have had this since new and only ever use 95. 24k miles later and no problems.

When warm the engine on idle nevers goes about about 1-1.2k revs, when cold it can jump upto 1.5k if the engine is still cold.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Funnily enough ive had a couple of these coughs recently since swapping a few engine bits, I put it down to the new manifold etc, but i always use BP ultimate without question

I doubt itll do any damage

·
Registered
480 Posts
Maybe lambda sensor problem at primary stage?:confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts