2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so looking to buy a 1.8 honda civic mk8.

OPTION 1: has 91k miles but no reversing camera, no panoramic sunroof, no leather heated seats.

OPTION 2: has 119k miles but is top spec with all the options the other car doesnt have.

Both have satnav, cruise control, FSH, 2 previous owners, 2 months mot. Price is the same. I do around 10k miles a year. I dont mind not having a reversing camera as its only a hatchback. Id like to have the lrather heated seats and the subroof would be good for summer, but ive never had them before so i wouldnt exactly miss them. When it comes to resale would the extra toys on option 2 counter the extra mileage, say in 3 years time?

Which would you guys pick?

·
Registered
2013 MK9 pre facelift 1.8 TI. Eibach springs and spacers. Michelin PS4’s. Always run on VPower fuel
406 Posts
For me as it has FSH and not really a sky high mileage, I would go higher spec. Just my choice. But I tend to keep mine for a while so resale isn’t really important to me and it’s about the enjoyment of driving it.

·
Super Moderator
3,031 Posts
its like asking what the winning lottery numbers will be
impossible to advise
sometimes lower millage cars suffer more as they are not in regular use
my old 8g had 185000 on clock but still a very good car

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
My own car is an SE model which I assume is Option 1.

I didn't know of the various trim specs at the time and I've dropped a leather interior in mine.

Sometimes I wish I had cruise control and heated seats, the latter isn't needed in the 1.8 petrol as even in coldest winter the car heats up fast, you'll probably get warm air in under 2 miles or so. I've heard the 2.2 heats up a lot slower so that probably needs heated seats!

Other stuff like a sunroof and folding mirrors are a bit meh in my eyes.

Maybe try both and see which one has had a clutch change as it could be due with those sorts of mileage and whether either engine seems especially rough. Not much to go wrong on the 1.8, they need valve adjustments every now and again along with frequent oil changes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts