2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I recently purchased a low mileage Milano Red CTR and everything is mint in the interior apart from a bodged cigarette burn repair on the front drivers seat. Its as if they have just melted some rubber to cover the hole.

I have tried looking in all the obvious places online for a replacement seat cover but no joy. Just wondering if anyone else has had the covers off (or replaced the seat covers)?

I notice there is a zip running along the rear of the seat but didn't want to take it off until I could source a new cover or at least have re-assurance that its not going to be a b*stard to get them back on again.

Many thanks in advance,

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hi there,

I recently purchased a low mileage Milano Red CTR and everything is mint in the interior apart from a bodged cigarette burn repair on the front drivers seat. Its as if they have just melted some rubber to cover the hole.

I have tried looking in all the obvious places online for a replacement seat cover but no joy. Just wondering if anyone else has had the covers off (or replaced the seat covers)?

I notice there is a zip running along the rear of the seat but didn't want to take it off until I could source a new cover or at least have re-assurance that its not going to be a b*stard to get them back on again.

Many thanks in advance,
There is companies that would probably be able to repair the burn correctly, maybe someoneon here can be more informative

·
Premium Member
18,080 Posts
A local car upholsterer comments that ciggy burns are the most common repair :facepalm2:

Once option is to remove the cover, nip the fabric and apply another stitch across the width of the panel. Then repeat on any other 'inline' panel to keep the seats looking the same.

Alternatively get the entire panel replaced. I recently did to my surprise it was cheaper than a repair patch/fill/colour.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your input Farqui, due to the terrible bodge of a repair, the area needing covering is about 4cm square. It will probably be easier and look better if I get the whole red mesh panel on the lower seat replaced.

When I bought it, it had a load of tobacco and lumps of hash in the folds in the gaitor :( so I think the two are linked.

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
18,080 Posts
Eek, that's a big area so replacement panel sounds like the best option.

Check local car upholsters, good luck.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Thanks for your input Farqui, due to the terrible bodge of a repair, the area needing covering is about 4cm square. It will probably be easier and look better if I get the whole red mesh panel on the lower seat replaced.

When I bought it, it had a load of tobacco and lumps of hash in the folds in the gaitor :( so I think the two are linked.

Cheers,
Thats no good lol. Make sure you hoover it out well incase you get stopped by the police for any innocent reason and they find something ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts