2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I haven't yet bought an fn2 but I'm on the lookout having sold my car and obviously I have ideas as to what I'd like to do when I do get one. My plan is to go lower than 30mm preferably to something like this

Maybe a little bit higher, but I've heard it can cause stress on the driveshaft. I believe you have lowered one 45mm and I was wondering if it was fine or not? I'd be keeping the 18" OEM wheels on the car.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also would like a price on recommended coilover kits, FRS, Camber bolts + installation please

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Also would like a price on recommended coilover kits, FRS, Camber bolts + installation please

Hi there,

We did have our FN2 on the Bilstein B14 coilover kit on it's lowest setting, measured at around -45mm all round. It didn't stay like that for long though, as we use it mostly for track days and it just wouldn't be suitable for us. It did catch on the arch liners when used with standard wheels and spacers, but could be easily modified to have no issues.

If we supplied and fitted the kit, including setting the geometry to full fast road you'd be looking between £1025.00 and £1059.00 inc VAT. The price depends on the number of rear shims required, and obviously we wouldn't know that until the car is in wit us and has had the initial geometry checked.

If you have any other questions, let me know. And good luck with finding the new car.

Rich

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there,

We did have our FN2 on the Bilstein B14 coilover kit on it's lowest setting, measured at around -45mm all round. It didn't stay like that for long though, as we use it mostly for track days and it just wouldn't be suitable for us. It did catch on the arch liners when used with standard wheels and spacers, but could be easily modified to have no issues.

If we supplied and fitted the kit, including setting the geometry to full fast road you'd be looking between £1025.00 and £1059.00 inc VAT. The price depends on the number of rear shims required, and obviously we wouldn't know that until the car is in wit us and has had the initial geometry checked.

If you have any other questions, let me know. And good luck with finding the new car.

Rich
Thanks, what modification would need to be done to stop it catching the arch liners? What would the price be for the same set up but with 30mm springs instead?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Thanks, what modification would need to be done to stop it catching the arch liners? What would the price be for the same set up but with 30mm springs instead?
Probably just a trim of the arch liners or smaller spacers would even help. 10mm spacers would offer more clearance to the outside of the arch.

Our -30mm Eibach spring kit, including the fitting and full FRS would be £450.00 - £484.00 dependant on the number of rear shims required.

Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts