2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi looking for some advice and possible quote.I have a fn 2 type r, I'm looking to lower with eibach springs. Money is tight at the moment with tax, insur and mot all due at the end of the month. If I was to fit the springs my self and bring the car to yourself's for the setup shims and camber, how much I'm I looking at. Also would it be ok for me to drive the car to get the set up done or should it all be done at the same time.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hi looking for some advice and possible quote.I have a fn 2 type r, I'm looking to lower with eibach springs. Money is tight at the moment with tax, insur and mot all due at the end of the month. If I was to fit the springs my self and bring the car to yourself's for the setup shims and camber, how much I'm I looking at. Also would it be ok for me to drive the car to get the set up done or should it all be done at the same time.
You can drive the car without alignment for a short period after fitting the springs, it's no problem. Using the car for a prolonged period of time, after fitting the springs, without checking the front toe could result in uneven tyre wear.

All our prices for the suspension upgrades are here;

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/abp-motorsport/70179-abp-current-suspension-geometry-prices.html

The springs are £150.00 inc VAT for our -30mm kits or £164.00 for the -15mm prokit.

Setting the geometry to FRS front and rear would cost between £190.00 and £224.00 inc VAT depending on the number of rear shims we use.

I hope this helps.

Rich

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for that I'll have think what I want to do but don't need the springs already got some. It's not as straight forward as thought, might sell them if I can't rise the funds. Cheers anyway

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just a question similar to the one above but different :p
do you sell springs between -40/50mm ? And could you give me a rough idea of the price if I were to come into your workshop with a stock 2010 civic 1.8 type s gt and brought those springs, had them fitted, and had my car set up to Fast road setup ?
Thankyou
-Alan

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Just a question similar to the one above but different :p
do you sell springs between -40/50mm ? And could you give me a rough idea of the price if I were to come into your workshop with a stock 2010 civic 1.8 type s gt and brought those springs, had them fitted, and had my car set up to Fast road setup ?
Thankyou
-Alan
Hi Alan,

For your 1.8 Type S, we can supply you a set of our Eibach/ABP -30mm springs. These will lower your car by around 40mm, front and rear.

If we do a full front and rear Fast Road Setup at the same time as fitting the springs, depending on the number of rear shims we use, you'd be looking at between £450.00 to £484.00 inc VAT.

I hope this helps,

Rich

·
Registered
92 Posts
It helps alot thankyou:) (please excuse this question as I'm new to this whole mechanic side of the car world) eem, what are shims ? :p

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
It helps alot thankyou:) (please excuse this question as I'm new to this whole mechanic side of the car world) eem, what are shims ? :p

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
Shims are basically different sizes of plastic moulds we put behind the rear wheel hub to alter the way the wheel sits in relation to the chassis. Using different 'shims' we can alter the geometry on an otherwise non adjustable part.

Hope this makes sense,

Rich

1 - 8 of 8 Posts