2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Looking for a bit of advice and opinion on the standard champ white LSD please.

Are the standard champ white LSD’s any good?
Would one with 20k use be any good?
Why would you change it for an aftermarket one?

Cheers
Dave

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
They'd be ookkkk on track but better than an open diff if cheap enough. On the road it'll be fine as you won't need something as aggressive.

Can't see why 20k on an OEM part would be bad unless poorly looked after. Still within it's first gear oil service.

Aftermarket is more aggressive, a quafie is about OEM level and severly lacking compared to wavetrac or mfac racepack. You don't get as much pull in comparison. If it's road use only or on street tyres you'd likely not feel the difference after the initial pull.

Reactions: Bones126

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers @musegroove, this would be for street use only. Price is of the one I’ve seen is £325 and comes with bearings.

Thanks for your input.

Cheers
Dave

·
4,279 Posts
Not a bad saving if it's not seeing a track. Can safely just service with honda MTF too which makes life easier.

A worthwhile aftermarket is going to be double that plus bearings :)

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a bad saving if it's not seeing a track. Can safely just service with honda MTF too which makes life easier.

A worthwhile aftermarket is going to be double that plus bearings :)
Cheers, Don’t suppose you know how to visually tell the difference between standard and LSD.

·
4,279 Posts
Open diff is usually, well for a better word; open where you can see the inner gears whereas the LSD (my mfac was anyway) is closed up.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice one, cheers. This one looks closed at the sides.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bought

Went for it, did a bit of digging and if the mileage is true I can’t see there being much wrong with it.

Not doing track days but would like to be able to get the power down better so thought at the right price worth a punt, only down side is it will delay my FD2 pump a couple of months.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts