2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dears,

as I have the 3rd gear issue (and thus need to replace the 3-4 synchro) I want to swap my diff for a LSD as well.

I am interested either in one from Wavetrac or the OEM one that is/was fitted in CW.

Anyone have any experience with both of them? What are their pros/cons? How about maintenance and fitting (is there anything special that needs to be done when fitting Wavetrac?)?

Basically...which one would you choose and why?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
OEM LSD is only rated up to a certain bhp, I think it was 300bhp or 400bhp? deziboy will be able to tell you the exact figure as he swapped his OEM LSD for an aftermarket one.

I have the Wavetrac, its brilliant.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OEM LSD is only rated up to a certain bhp, I think it was 300bhp or 400bhp? deziboy will be able to tell you the exact figure as he swapped his OEM LSD for an aftermarket one.

I have the Wavetrac, its brilliant.
Hello ash,

to be honest I want to leave my car NA so it'll never have 300+bhp (...but never say never ;)...who knows). Just want to know whether there are (really) any benefits in going for a OEM LSD.
Will wait for deziboy or contact him directly.

Thanks ;)

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
i think the wavetrac is a little more aggressive that the oem one! am running wavetrac and really happy with it ;)

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Best mod you can do it you like like roundabouts. Wavetrack is a superb diff, I'm sure I read the oem is only limited to 260bhp
there you go, just couldnt remember the figure

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Dears,

as I have the 3rd gear issue (and thus need to replace the 3-4 synchro) I want to swap my diff for a LSD as well.

I am interested either in one from Wavetrac or the OEM one that is/was fitted in CW.

Anyone have any experience with both of them? What are their pros/cons? How about maintenance and fitting (is there anything special that needs to be done when fitting Wavetrac?)?

Basically...which one would you choose and why?

Thanks!
I've got the Wavetrac too and very happy. No maintenence required either. Just fit and forget!

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
finally decided to go for a Wavetrac. Hope it will serve well :)

One question. What bearings to replace?

The ones marked with "5", right? Anything else? (like the shims at 3 (which ones?))

1 - 20 of 23 Posts