2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having an LSD fitted 2 weeks ago, I thought I write a small report about my findings.

If you have an early FN2 which does not have an LSD then my recommendation after owing one for 18 months is, this should be the first mod you do!

I have, to keep costs down, opted to fit an standard OE Champ White LSD which was second hand with 20K miles on it, this cost £350. I have no experience of the MFactory one or any of the others but what I can say is that it has greatly improved the handling and feel of the car. It has made such a difference that I don't know why they were not fitted in the first place, and if they had I believe the car when launched would have received much better reviews.

The car before, although it does have crap tyres on, if it was damp used to under-steer and power slide if powering out of corners. This has now greatly improved and just pulls the car in the direction you point it now, even with crap tyres and a damp road.
In the dry, as well as the wet. The car feel so much more planted now, has a heavier feel to the steering wheel which it's self installs confidence in the front end and just holds a line really well. Islands have become fun again.

Conclusion, if you are questioning should you fit an LSD. The answer is do it, you wont be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
While the clutch is out in the Summer, I think I'll be throwing in an LSD.

Great to hear not only do you get extra grip exiting corners but added steering wheel feel, which you can't have too much of.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you ever come across another diff for £350 - please drop me a PM instantly! There's beer tokens in it for you... haha

I put a DC5 diff in my EP3 - made a huge difference!

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Cracking piece of kit. Love how agressive the racepack is but doesn't clunk around like a clutch version does. The fact they didn't come as standard was a joke.

Literally just point and squirt :)

Reactions: Bones126

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Agree that bar set of good tyres and pads lsd should be 1st mod someone should do.

Depending on your use and expectations from your car many options available. Oem is a fantastic option all round

1 - 6 of 6 Posts