2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well now all the slagging off has eased a little, anyone actually know when we are going to be able to see and test drive one of these potential white elephants? I am still hopeful that when I see and drive one that I might like it. trying to be optimistic. If not, then it is bye bye to Honda until they move away from the Toyota model of forgettable dull cars. Come to think of it, I am not sure if I could name a model of Toyota. Do they still make the Corolla?

:)

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
I always think these Auto Express articles are biased against Honda. The expectations on Honda are higher than the Focus and more in line with the Golf. The civic is a great car but with a very, if not too high, expectation level.

·
Registered
716 Posts
The Focus is at it's 3rd gen and has had plaudits for many of each features since day one (nearly 12 years), surely that sets expectations of a new one quite high.

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
The Focus is at it's 3rd gen and has had plaudits for many of each features since day one (nearly 12 years), surely that sets expectations of a new one quite high.
I do think the Fiesta is better than a focus and the Civic is better than the focus.

·
Registered
429 Posts
end of jan , 1st week feb they'll all be delivered to dealerships.
and what sort of delivery wait will there be after ordering? I'll be after a blue EX-GT which is probably a low priority build colour.

Are there any Royal Sappire Blue Hondas on the roads at the moment as the brochure says it is not one of three new colours. I would like to see what it looks like before I buy.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
and what sort of delivery wait will there be after ordering? I'll be after a blue EX-GT which is probably a low priority build colour.

Are there any Royal Sappire Blue Hondas on the roads at the moment as the brochure says it is not one of three new colours. I would like to see what it looks like before I buy.
only ones i've seen are white, polished metal and pus yellow. build times are varying but i've got orders due in from mid march onwards.

·
Registered
365 Posts

I have ordered an EX-GT in White Orchid and delivery is due at the end of April. The reason I ordered that colour is that's the only colour car I have seen in the flesh.

The flagship dealership told me that the following colours are available for March delivery :-

Royal Sapphire Blue
Alabaster Silver
Crystal Black
Urban Titanium
Solid Red

All deliveries have been put back a month from the originally expected mid-Feb availability.

Therefore, 'no' there aren't any new Civics on the road yet and I doubt you will see any until March.

Steve

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
I have ordered an EX-GT in White Orchid and delivery is due at the end of April. The reason I ordered that colour is that's the only colour car I have seen in the flesh.

The flagship dealership told me that the following colours are available for March delivery :-

Royal Sapphire Blue
Alabaster Silver
Crystal Black
Urban Titanium
Solid Red

All deliveries have been put back a month from the originally expected mid-Feb availability.

Therefore, 'no' there aren't any new Civics on the road yet and I doubt you will see any until March.

Steve
There are approximately 20-30 New civics on the road physically at this moment in time. The dealership Demos are being delivered on the 2nd/3rd Feb so will be being prepped now, thats some 200-300 units.

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
I saw one at Tesco the other day, in honesty i HATE the back of them

·
Registered
365 Posts
There are approximately 20-30 New civics on the road physically at this moment in time. The dealership Demos are being delivered on the 2nd/3rd Feb so will be being prepped now, thats some 200-300 units.
Yeah I realise that.

By 'on the road' I meant Civics that have been purchased by customers, not vehicles being demo'd to potential customers (seeing as 'electrics' question related to delivery after ordering).

The info. I provided is from an email sent to me by Chiswick Honda.

Steve

·
Registered
365 Posts
I saw one at Tesco the other day, in honesty i HATE the back of them
Tbh, it's not the best however, it won't bother me too much as I won't be looking at the back!

Had a look at a lot of hatchbacks recently and imho, it's the best specced new car out atm.

Steve

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It will al depend whether I like it when I see it in real life. If not, then the Scirocco seems the best bet....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts