2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i picked up this stunning car in December after being 15 months out of a Type R.
I had a choice of two from Norton Honda in Letchworth but was always drawn to the one i picked due to the personalised plate and the Tegiwa style lip spoiler.
Absolutely love the car. it looks so smart in CW and with the 19 inch wheels.

I have always had a bit of an issue with the mid range of the Type Rs so took the car to TDI north this week and had the following done:

• Tegiwa intake
  • Tegiwa exhaust manifold
  • TDIs 3 inch cat back
  • Flashpro and map. (Vtec now comes in 3500 rpm)
The car is now at 228bhp and absolutely shifts in comparison to stock!

Would like the thank the guys at TDI north who were really helpful, very knowledgeable and worked late for me to also do the FRS and putting on the 15mm lowering springs (dam this thing is even better in the corners now).
Was also great meeting Luke from Tegwia and seeing his amazing Civic cup car!

So whats next?
I have the M style grill and Tegiwa bumper scoops left to fit.
will be taking the car back to TDI to probably do this and put some drop in cams in as well.
Should hopefully have the car ~250bhp by the end of the year and with that i will look to improve the brakes as well.

few pictures below and will add some more once i have sorted the front end out!

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
That is looking beaut! I think it's the first M200 I've seen with seekers wing. Looks fab! :D You planning to keep that on or fully mugenize with the wing further down the road? :p

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have always really liked the Mugen wing, but to be honest i really like this Tegiwa spoiler. i think the carbon finish offsets really well with the CW colour.
plus like you said it is a bit different so i like that element as well!

·
A wizard is never late...
793 Posts
nice car mate, good power figures aswell. do tdi do a package on the intake and exhaust?

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice car mate, good power figures aswell. do tdi do a package on the intake and exhaust?
It was Tegiwa manifold and their exhaust so had to buy the parts seperatly. i presume the labour costs were lower as i had them put on at the same time. Makes the car pretty loud! my missus was not impressed when i got home last night :D[smilie=giggle.gif]

·
A wizard is never late...
793 Posts
It was Tegiwa manifold and their exhaust so had to buy the parts seperatly. i presume the labour costs were lower as i had them put on at the same time. Makes the car pretty loud! my missus was not impressed when i got home last night :D[smilie=giggle.gif]
that's interesting then, as i was under the impression that the tegiwa system is one of the quietest ones and that is what has put me off one. i don't want martelius levels of noise, but something a bit special.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Am making some vids up for you guys. Hopefully be on later if I can eacape the house

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok
so a few vids

Cold start up:

On the Dyno:

Showing the VTEC coming in lower:

Apologies to anyone in northern royston tonight , i may have gone up and down the bypass a few too many times!

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think its just louder than I'm used to. So just seems loud to me! I have never seen a type r with a milltek or a martelius so cant compare. Will have to go to a meet sometime

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
I think its just louder than I'm used to. So just seems loud to me! I have never seen a type r with a milltek or a martelius so cant compare. Will have to go to a meet sometime

Ive just got the same exhaust, but will be running it with a race manifold :police:

but doesn't sound overly loud :)

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ive just got the same exhaust, but will be running it with a race manifold :police:

but doesn't sound overly loud :)
mine is running with the Tegiwa racing manifold :police:;)

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Damn thats nice yo, what further plans have you got for this ?
Its my day to day car so going to keep it relatively sensible. I am going to put some tdi north drop in cams in at some point this year and then the rrc intake manifold , skunk 2 throttle body and balancer shaft delete kit. That should give me the 250 bhp I am looking for. With the additional power I would like to upgrade the discs and pads and put in a more suitable clutch and flywheel to get more power to the wheels

1 - 20 of 111 Posts