2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
in no particular order these are all the mods that it now has!

Engine:
Tegiwa intake
Tegiwa exhaust manifold
TDIs 3 inch cat back
RRC inlet
Custom intake tract
J37 Throttle Body
TDI Norths Stage 2 Drop in Cams
Flashpro and mapped at TDI north

Geo and Brakes:
Fast road set up
Hel brake lines
Eibach 15mm lowering springs
Ferodo 2500 pads front and back

Exterior:
Tegiwa carbon seeker style lip spoiler
K20 plate
Mugen Grill
Fog scoops

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Have you tried using OEM gaskets for the J37? heard thats the way to solve the slight vacuum leak causing the hunting for revs at idle

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Have you tried using OEM gaskets for the J37? heard thats the way to solve the slight vacuum leak causing the hunting for revs at idle
Cheers bud, I will see if that fixes it

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
cheers, got myself a shopping list ;)

even tho na tuning is very expensive, u think it was worth it? at this point
haha hmmm not sure. I have spent alooooot on it now maybe 7k on it since I have had it....but im going to keep it along time hopefully and it really has transformed the car! :VroumVroum01::VTECSMILEY:

·
Registered
88 Posts
haha hmmm not sure. I have spent alooooot on it now maybe 7k on it since I have had it....but im going to keep it along time hopefully and it really has transformed the car! :VroumVroum01::VTECSMILEY:
Haha yeh I know what you mean...Spent quiet alot myself already too. I went for style first tho...mugen etc.
Now looking for some eninge tune :p got my skunk2 fitted couple weeks ago

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Part number : 16176-RYE-A10
Cheers.
I need to get it sorted ASAP as its absolutely doing my nut in now. the car is pretty much un-drivable under 30mph.
I can only get the gasket from the USA though!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Not bad mate. I decided against J37 as I heard about reliability issues. Seems there aren't many good larger TBs? There are 90mm TBs too but don't know much ain't them. Btw if you swapped the Tegiwa airbox for a HR racing intake I reckon you'd see 260bhp. Fd2 pump and balance delete thingy, 3" cat back and 270 is possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What TB have you got?
I will get the FD2 pump etc. next , already have the 3inch catback on and eyeing up the HR racing intake!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I've got a HR intake, to my door for about £300 but it won't fit with fog lights. I have a mugen TB which is fractionally larger than FD2 IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cheers
not sure what to do if I cant sort the J37 out
The Mugen / Toda / Spoons TB are all a lot more expensive......
pay for what you get I suppose!

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Take pauls advice and lose the j37. A stock fd2 throttle body is good for considerable more bhp and torque than your making now. Mugen. Toda and spoon are good options with 100% compatibility. Worse case youll need to get im worked to match tb choice.

Cars coming along nicely btw :)

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Nice one. Il let you know how it goes. The postage cost is insane so might go with the eBay ones

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Nice one. Il let you know how it goes. The postage cost is insane so might go with the eBay ones

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
The bay ones looked to be around £15 each!!

whats the postage from the acura part site? have you emailed them?

61 - 80 of 120 Posts