168 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Pretty sure it's a leak as it's whistling at 15% - 30% throttle

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
i have the same setup as you

For the wistling of the TB , it's appear when you charge throttle to 15/50% as you can see . when you use the cruise control on motorway , you can heard the whistle to .
I have resolve the problem as Ghost_bhp say .. use the Oem gasket ( 16176-RYE-A10 ) between the adapter throttle and the TB .
I have buy this gasket in my local honda dealer in france for 5euros :popcorn:

Reactions: AEM_SOTA

·
Premium Member
115 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Ha should have looked there first! Because they don't list part numbers Google doesn't find them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
115 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
gasket has arrived. not sure what im doing but can imagine I just need to remove the intake tract and then unscrew the TB off. then replace the new gasket instead of the thermal one on the throttle body side of the spacer!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
gasket is on....no change.....if anything the car drives a little better but is still hunting idle once I return to idle for a few seconds.
what shall I do? should I get another gasket for the other side of the spacer and replace the other thermal gasket as well? or get two more and put either side of the other thermal gasket? I don't think I need to mess around with the idle screw as the car always returns to 1000 rpm after a few seconds?
Could the vacuum barb kit and evap hose be the problem? mafffieus picture above doesn't have an evap line on his TB. His is blanked off with a whiterubber cover? Surely if I had a vacuum leak it would hunt idle all the time?

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Another gasket would make sense if installing one on one side and it making it little bit better, should hopefully cure you're problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
just ordered three more. going to gasket it to death. may get an new O ring for the vacuum barb kit as well

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
So your problem is with the idle ? no whistling now when your are between 20/50% Open throttle ?

The gasket is only for the whistling .

When did you install this TB ? how much miles did you covered with it ?
Because when you change the Tb , the Ecu have to learn the new Tb for 200/300 miles ...

I have no Evap line because on my map , Evap is closed all the time .
And behind the whiterubber , it's an other Oem Map sensor :grin2:

·
Registered
20 Posts
What is your average MPG? with sensible driving? lol

Has it improved or decreased a lot with the Mods?

Planning to get a few mods done with my one, but I don't want it burning more petrol. Especially living in the london traffic.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
So your problem is with the idle ? no whistling now when your are between 20/50% Open throttle ?

The gasket is only for the whistling .

When did you install this TB ? how much miles did you covered with it ?
Because when you change the Tb , the Ecu have to learn the new Tb for 200/300 miles ...

I have no Evap line because on my map , Evap is closed all the time .
And behind the whiterubber , it's an other Oem Map sensor :grin2:
the problem is just at idle, it revs for a few moment before returning to 1000 rpm.
I also cant stall the car in 1st or 2nd gear. in traffic I can just release the brake and the car will drive itself off, I could possibly have a go at turning the idle screw down?
I have done nearly 700 / 800 miles now since I installed it

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
What is your average MPG? with sensible driving? lol

Has it improved or decreased a lot with the Mods?

Planning to get a few mods done with my one, but I don't want it burning more petrol. Especially living in the london traffic.
I was at 32 mpg before I did 2nd stage of mods. I have disconnected the battery a few time since as Iv been mucking about with the throttle body. its at 29 mpg atm and is slowly climbing. unfortunately the first thing I did after the last tinker was to thrash it from Royston to Stevenage at 3am as the missus was in a spot of bother so was starting out at about 18mpg lol

81 - 100 of 120 Posts