2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
don't know why I bothered buying 4 gaskets (16176-RYE-A10 which are 78mm). their diameters are too big to be used between the spacer and the intake manifold! is there a gasket for the 70mm side that I can get? im going to try and clean the idle control valve tomorrow. very close to giving up and putting OEM one on!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
small update , not sure why it took me 3 months to sort my throttle body out but my hand was forced yesterday.

Car went very juddery whilst on the way to work and then completely died. came to a rolling stop and popped the hood and found that 3 of the 4 bolts attaching TB to the adaptor plate had mysteriously vanished. tightened the remaining bolt and nursed it home.

OEM TB now back on! had forgotten what it was like to drive without a TB hunting. Bliss.

On the look out for a FD2 TB now. will also keep and eye out for Mugen / TODA / Spoons once I have the funds.

FD2 oil pump and HR intake also on the cards but that will be in 2017

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,283 Posts
It was me mate, if you PM the fella I mentioned in your wanted thread he was asking for £80 for the mugen TB. Just swap your OEM motor over and you have an excellent TB for a good price.

Lovely build mate, exactly the same as mine will be. Just waiting to renew my insurance and FD2 TB, RRC, TDi cams & FD2 pump are all going on. Also changing my gruppe m for the teg intake and my milltek for a 3".

Going to be an expensive Christmas ;)

Reactions: AEM_SOTA

·
4,283 Posts
I've got a mugen TB, it's the only legit piece of mugen on my car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the shifter but even that's gone now lol, mine's a tegiwa build xD

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Wow its been so long since i've updated my thread it was down on page 3!

the reason being is i haven't done much to it since last year!
one thing i have done is swapped my spoiler from seeker to mugen (photo below)
i just felt it was time to put a mugen one on plus the carbon fibre on the seeker spoiler was a mess.

i should hopefully have a FD2 TB coming very soon (getting one off the facebook page) but it will probably be just a stop gap. my RRC is ported to 70mm so ideally want a bigger TB than the FD2 one. looking at the TODA one although its manifold side is only 66.5mm. the only one bigger than the 70mm of the J37 that i had on is the Skunk 2 one (72mm) but have heard mixed reviews.

I will be looking at finally sorting out the balance shaft delete kit this year and am really considering switching to the Hybrid racing intake.
should see me over 250 bhp!

[/URL][/IMG]

·
4,283 Posts
Carlnike may have a Spoon TB in the near future mate ;)

The Hybrid Racing intake is well worth it, not too difficult to fit but my bumper sits out a little due to the massive filter. The FD2 pump should see you around 255bhp and 180lbft+

The graph below is literally just from the Tegiwa to HR intake change only.

You should make more than mine if it's lower mileage, I also have TDi stage 1 not 2 cams as mine runs out of poof around 6500rpm. Needs some cheeky port and polishing :thumbsup:

Attachments

Reactions: AEM_SOTA

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Carlnike may have a Spoon TB in the near future mate ;)

The Hybrid Racing intake is well worth it, not too difficult to fit but my bumper sits out a little due to the massive filter. The FD2 pump should see you around 255bhp and 180lbft+

The graph below is literally just from the Tegiwa to HR intake change only.

You should make more than mine if it's lower mileage, I also have TDi stage 1 not 2 cams as mine runs out of poof around 6500rpm. Needs some cheeky port and polishing :thumbsup:
i have set myself a deadline of the end of the year to get it all in. if not then i might look to strip it and move it on. too many quicker hatchbacks out there now and the FK2 is growing on me

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Yes i am still driving this shed about. up to 102k miles now!

not done much to is this year. stuck some spoons calipers on and a braided HEL clutch hose on it at the beginning of the year.
still runs as sweet as ever.
Yesterday however i lost one of my mugen exhaust tips from the rear diffuser. its been battered for 60k miles by the single exit so if anyone knows of any spares kicking about i would be intrested in buying one. if not i may swap the other one over and then blank the non exhaust side one off.

not that i have lost interest in it, but modifying the car has taken a back burner at the moment. i will track it one day , so will do HR intake, balance shaft delete and baffle sump then and likely put on a Toda TB.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Dont know if anyone still reads these!

Had some work done recently which included installation of

• NSF and OSF Hardrace lower control arms
  • Front and Rear anti roll bars (Whiteline) + ARB droplinks
  • MeisterR ZetaCRD coilovers
  • Polybush Engine inserts
  • FD2 Oil pump / balancer shaft delete kit
  • Clockwise Motion Drop in sump baffle
  • Tegiwa short shifter
  • Hybrid Racing Intake
  • RDX 410cc injectors
  • Switched from Hondata to ECUtek
plus the dreaded J37 TB is back on but i have deleted the IAAV which has helped a bit!

Mapped this week at 260 BHP , 178 lb / ft so pretty pleased with that.

no real plans for it now, need a new rocker cover as mine is a mess. may look at K24 one day but we shall see!

some pics below (Excuse the state of the car! winter UK roads for you!)

·
Super Moderator
2,205 Posts
Nice
what are the MeisterRs like?
that could be my project for this year - car is road only.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Nice
what are the MeisterRs like?
that could be my project for this year - car is road only.
i am really pleased with them. i am on 19s anyway so not the best ride but i was sitting so low on my eibach springs that my under tray was pretty badly damaged ( i grabbed a new one off a breaker and put it on when i did the coilovers)
mine is very much mainly road use at the moment so the MeisterRs are set to soft and i asked for a higher ride height. it has made a great difference. bit annoyed with myself i hadn't done it earlier!
i would say coilovers are definitely in the top 3 mods you can do.

·
Super Moderator
2,205 Posts
Cheers, what spring rates have you got?
Mine is just for the road and is dyno'd at 215HP, just want to make the best of it as will likely keep it for some time now I'm retired.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Cheers, what spring rates have you got?
Mine is just for the road and is dyno'd at 215HP, just want to make the best of it as will likely keep it for some time now I'm retired.
think Its 6kg Front and 5kg back

·
Premium Member
2008 Civic Type R
807 Posts
The HR intake strikes again! Really good gains and your cams clearly wanted the extra air.

It's not particularly cheap, but if you still struggle with the J37, try the Grams 72 mm TB. I've had that on for a couple of months and it is well behaved.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
The HR intake strikes again! Really good gains and your cams clearly wanted the extra air.

It's not particularly cheap, but if you still struggle with the J37, try the Grams 72 mm TB. I've had that on for a couple of months and it is well behaved.
was so pleased with the numbers. i think the RDX injectors helped as well and paul has mapped it so its adding 10% extra fuel.

i was looking at the Grams 72mm but will stick with the J37 for now.
i have blanked the idle air assist and also took the motor out of my OEM Throttle body today and put it in the J37 to try and bring the hunting down even more and its seems to be getting there. getting the odd spike at low revs but i can deal with it for now!

101 - 120 of 120 Posts