2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I really need an opinion....I have been a Honda driver now for the past 10 years. Love, love, LOVED my car but had to sell when I moved overseas. I am looking at buying a used Honda right now, and I have found a 1997 Honda Coupe that is selling pretty cheap (almost too cheap - seems too good to be true!).

Anyway, when I was comparing the prices on Redbook, I found that this particular car is actually made in the USA versus Japan. One of the reasons I have faith in Honda is because they ARE made in Japan - good track record!! Now I'm confused - are USA made Hondas just as good as the ones from Japan?

I found a blog that says a resounding "NO", but that's only one opinion. Thought I would check here.

PS - I can buy this car or a 1994 Honda Civic 4dr sedan for same price, less km's. That's 3 years of innovation I could be missing out on, BUT the 1994 IS made in Japan. So..... whaddya think?

·
Registered
412 Posts
It dont matter where ya born man ...... ya gonna die somewhere .... Point bein made ..... Nothin comes with a long term Guarantee against build quality ....... you pays your money and ya take your choice ......ON A STEEL HORSE I RIDE

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I work for an oil company (here in Norway) along with a goodly few ex-pats ...

There's a couple of guys from the USA and one from Canada, who have a USA-built Honda back home, and they all report no significant issues ...

p.s. - their cars are however a lot newer than 1997 ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts