2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Been a while since I last did any write-ups on here. I did this EP3 earlier this week which belongs to a member of the 'rival' forum. I do however have a spaceship from here booked in next week which I am looking forward to, and I'm sure you are too ;)

Booked in for my enhancement/minor correction detail, on arrival the car looked like so;

]

Some during shots...

After the prep work was complete it was time to crack on with the polishing, but first I inspected the paint and was greeted with this;

A couple of 50/50's and so on..

The car was then finished with two layers of CarPro Reload spray sealant to leave the following finish... enjoy! :cooldude:

Thanks for looking :cool:

Couple of other threads which may interest you; 400hp Focus RS and a V8 M3 with CQuartz Finest.

Matt.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Really good, as you would expect from Magic Matt :D

Reactions: Magic

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep! One hit wonder was all I did on the above. I have done so many of these now I switch to auto pilot. Very rare I require 2 stages on this paint type.

I best come clean now though, before you start hacking at your paint with that combo I would go back and read some of my older threads mate - I didn't really use that combo.. another chap on here does, but I have tekkers, and get results like the above with minimal micron removal :)

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Close enough. I have used that combo several times lately but this one was Ultrafina on a LC finishing pad via DA (which is what I used during the training day with Adam).

·
FESTOOLIGAN
4,166 Posts
Super results Matt it looks really sharp.

How you find previous generation honda paint compared to the 8th gen? I find they are a bit better than the newer editions. I noticed that on a solid black s2k I working ATM.

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Super results Matt it looks really sharp.

How you find previous generation honda paint compared to the 8th gen? I find they are a bit better than the newer editions. I noticed that on a solid black s2k I working ATM.
Hi Kotsos, good to hear from you :)

I have detailed more 8th Gens than previous shape - find the newer ones better and a bit more predictable tbh. The older ones tend to have sticky paint aswel as being woefully soft. In my experience I find the newer ones are just soft and not so sticky by comparison. Hope that helps answer your question, and keep up the good work mate!!

·
"Polishing Maestro"
1,215 Posts
Yep! One hit wonder was all I did on the above. I have done so many of these now I switch to auto pilot. Very rare I require 2 stages on this paint type.

I best come clean now though, before you start hacking at your paint with that combo I would go back and read some of my older threads mate - I didn't really use that combo.. another chap on here does, but I have tekkers, and get results like the above with minimal micron removal :)
I highly suspect that was not the combo.
What do you think I used mate? Lets see if you have been paying attention.. :)
When you said that i did wonder how there was any paint left and also how you did not have a ton of marring in there lol.

I have just purchased a couple of scholl Concepts black waffle pads to try out on my FN2 CTR this week, never used them before so Ill see how they go.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.