2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have had my back against the wall for many weeks now and not had as much time as I'd like to get write-ups done and that's why it seems I have been quiet lately. But don't worry, I have been busy, and at one point I felt like it was groundhog day - for 4 days straight all I worked on were Civinfo Honda Civics :facepalm:

Alas, I will start the write-ups that I owe to you guys the order in which I carried the details out, in preparation for JAE 2012 :popcorn2:

First up we have leepickering16's Civic Type-S, booked in for a "Mini Magic Detail" which for those who don't know, is my entry level detail designed as a taster of what I can do without busting the bank, with Swissvax Best of Show as the LSP..

On arrival and during;

Overall not to bad then, but the paintwork was very rough to the touch, heavy contamination and swirls were preventing any kind of flake pop. So my solution was this...

* pre-wash
* ph-neutral wash with 2 buckets
* de-tarr and de-ironise
* clay using a mild clay bar with plenty of water
* re-wash
* dry using towels and blow dryer
* glaze via DA with Poorboys White Diamond
* apply Swissvax BoS
* clean, condition, and dress all exterior trim (rubbers, tailpipes etc)
* polish and protect glass using G|Techniq
* clean and vacd interior, including glass

The Mysteron's images...

On request, Lee asked if I got time if I wouldn't mind doing some images at Tesco's. This is popular amongst a couple of detailers on DW lately, but I had done it several months ago when I first detailed stevey_p7's car in January. To break the mould I decided on another nearby underground car park. The lighting isn't as bright but there are "Mysteron Rings" lurking around this car park ;)

As always all comments questions and thoughts are welcome!!

Remember to check out my Facebook page, plenty of exotica and other cool cars on there.

Best wishes,
Matt.
www.magicdetail.co.uk

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Ah Matt, I've been dying for this!!

Fantastic to see my car looking like this mate and even though
I was half-dead when I picked it up - thanks to coming back from the Belgian GP -
I can hand-on-heart say it looked just as good as it does in the pictures.

This isn't camera trickery; Matt's work really does look this good!

Loving the pictures mate and I'm chuffed with the alloy ones - they'll be going
over to Rota on request!

And to Robbo regarding the polishing question. I could have had it done with
Matt's DA but I just wanted a good detail as this was my first time going down
this road. It's perhaps something to look into in the future.

Thanks again, Matt! :popcorn:

Reactions: Magic

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope you like the final Mysteron themed pictures mate??

I have processed over 400 images of various cars over the weekend, but these were the main 3 cars I wanted to get online and share. They will all make it onto my Facebook page over time too :)

Thanks for your comments, they are much appreciated. Like you say, maybe next time you'll consider having the paintwork corrected. It does make a big difference, even on silver, it releases so much more gloss and reflectivity. I would expect to see you after 6 months anyway, as this is generally when I recall a car for a maintenance detail, unless of course you want to return any time sooner - you are always welcome to do so.

Remember I also offer hub/caliper painting services, wheel refurbs, and even servicing and mechanical stuff too :D

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
Wow thats the first time ive seen your car and its friging nice..hopefully my type s can be as cool as yours when ive gathered the funds..

Nice work on the detail dude

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Thanks a lot mate.

It's taken a lot of time and money to get to this stage but I'm really proud of it.

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Does look RIDDELL!

Like the side reflection shots. Very nice and glossy!

Great work Matt. You should demand its DA'd next time. As his car is like Swirl City.

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Lee your car is looking well good,I'm very jealous! Is it still that could now??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Thanks JH! It still looks amazing when I clean it yeah. Obviously, it gets dirty but keeping it clean is easier and the gloss remains.

Money well spent.

Reactions: Magic

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Great work. Car looks beautiful.

Reactions: leepickering16

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
I'll let you know what Rota say ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts