2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just thought I'd show you some sneak preview pics of my own bespoke wax I am currently developing. We are only in the early stages here btw, this is the first version. I hope you like it, and when I say developing I genuinely mean I am developing it and not only for myself (of which I will have the 'master edition') but also for release to my clients to add to their own collection. I have versions 2, 3 and 4 winging their way to me as we speak. This is a true boutique wax, and so will be reassuringly expensive!! :cool:

Anyway, I hope you like, and I will update the thread later with a video a forum member made earlier today when he come round for a chin wag and to see what I was up to! Needless to say he couldn't believe his eyes ;)

Enough clarity and flake pop to shake a stick at :worms:

More info to follow...

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all.

Short video here:

@Shaun - yes of course this is an area which needs work without compromising the aesthetics. Application isn't a problem for me, but it would benefit the end user if it had a more conventional application method. This version is not great coming off a pad, hence hand app, and flash cures (2-3mins) before requiring removal, which at this stage is a little grabby. It is however a WIP and I have other varients en route for testing and development. This is totally bespoke, my formula, not a generic which is coloured and scented to suit - this is the first and only of its type in that jar :)

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Boutique wax, boutique moneh :D

It will be reassuringly expensive !!

Thanks for the kind comments all. I will keep you informed with relevant updates and info.

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Brief update, this is still on-going. I have taken to trialling on 'real world' cars rather than exotics now :lol: Obviously our Borse has some on his front wing which I presume is still going well as he has not said otherwise!!

Liquid Yellow Clio 197 here from the weekend;

Magic Detail 4th prototype (simply 'MD4')..

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Gayer.

F40 regardless of colour is every mans dream car. I can barely fit in them and they are near impossible to drive when you're as tall as me but I would still have one sat in my collection if my numbers come up..

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I have what I suspect is the final prototype arriving by the end of this week. I currently have 5 versions on test. Dramatic improvements with numbers 2-5 over the first version.. now spreadable via applicator pad, cures in ~3mins, and is removed easier without leaving smears behind. Not quite Swissvax easy to remove, you can feel it, but then Swissvax doesn't cure anywhere near as quick and from tests lasts nowhere near as long.

Did some major trials over at MCC last weekend - Tardis, Iron-X, neat APC, and degreaser had no effect on it. Most of those would have killed even Crystal Rock. Only strong wheel cleaner (smart wheels - alkali) had a degrading effect. But you wouldn't use wheel cleaner to cleanse your paint, and infact, alkali's even have some effects on crystal coatings, so the fact this is a wax is pretty rare.

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I think I have already decided, but I may change it yet! it's magically themed though, as you'd expect! :D

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
It's called 'Illusion' and I have #1 of 1. It's a working wax just not available to the public, it's totally unique to me. I am/was hoping it could be reproduced on a smaller scale for you guys but realistically the cost would be ~£150 or more for what would be 50ml in an acrylic jar. This is a double edged sword as it allows people to own a wax with a full size rrp of over £600, but you are getting a small amount comparative to it's alternatives.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts