2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Gayer.

F40 regardless of colour is every mans dream car. I can barely fit in them and they are near impossible to drive when you're as tall as me but I would still have one sat in my collection if my numbers come up..

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,687 Posts
Gayer.

F40 regardless of colour is every mans dream car. I can barely fit in them and they are near impossible to drive when you're as tall as me but I would still have one sat in my collection if my numbers come up..
Prefer the yellow on the Renault car. When you do a 911 give me a shout ;)

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I have what I suspect is the final prototype arriving by the end of this week. I currently have 5 versions on test. Dramatic improvements with numbers 2-5 over the first version.. now spreadable via applicator pad, cures in ~3mins, and is removed easier without leaving smears behind. Not quite Swissvax easy to remove, you can feel it, but then Swissvax doesn't cure anywhere near as quick and from tests lasts nowhere near as long.

Did some major trials over at MCC last weekend - Tardis, Iron-X, neat APC, and degreaser had no effect on it. Most of those would have killed even Crystal Rock. Only strong wheel cleaner (smart wheels - alkali) had a degrading effect. But you wouldn't use wheel cleaner to cleanse your paint, and infact, alkali's even have some effects on crystal coatings, so the fact this is a wax is pretty rare.

·
Gooner4Life
831 Posts
I have what I suspect is the final prototype arriving by the end of this week. I currently have 5 versions on test. Dramatic improvements with numbers 2-5 over the first version.. now spreadable via applicator pad, cures in ~3mins, and is removed easier without leaving smears behind. Not quite Swissvax easy to remove, you can feel it, but then Swissvax doesn't cure anywhere near as quick and from tests lasts nowhere near as long.

Did some major trials over at MCC last weekend - Tardis, Iron-X, neat APC, and degreaser had no effect on it. Most of those would have killed even Crystal Rock. Only strong wheel cleaner (smart wheels - alkali) had a degrading effect. But you wouldn't use wheel cleaner to cleanse your paint, and infact, alkali's even have some effects on crystal coatings, so the fact this is a wax is pretty rare.
Excellent. Must be quite exciting for you! I'm sure we'd all be excited to try a wee bit :rolleyes:

Are you gonna be having a wee poll for names or have you already decided? :popcorn2:

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I think I have already decided, but I may change it yet! it's magically themed though, as you'd expect! :D

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Looks great. Would be good to know how durable it is/how long it lasts.

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
It's called 'Illusion' and I have #1 of 1. It's a working wax just not available to the public, it's totally unique to me. I am/was hoping it could be reproduced on a smaller scale for you guys but realistically the cost would be ~£150 or more for what would be 50ml in an acrylic jar. This is a double edged sword as it allows people to own a wax with a full size rrp of over £600, but you are getting a small amount comparative to it's alternatives.

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
It's called 'Illusion' and I have #1 of 1. It's a working wax just not available to the public, it's totally unique to me. I am/was hoping it could be reproduced on a smaller scale for you guys but realistically the cost would be ~£150 or more for what would be 50ml in an acrylic jar. This is a double edged sword as it allows people to own a wax with a full size rrp of over £600, but you are getting a small amount comparative to it's alternatives.
What goes into a wax to justify a price like that:confused:
£3000 a litre !!

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
It is made with the horns of several black unicorns..
Ahh I see, that adds up then, in fact I am surprised you can make it so affordable using the black unicorn horn.
Some unscrupulous people use the white one and charge the same

Reactions: Magic
21 - 34 of 34 Posts