2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I haven’t owned my civic long so I’m not sure how good the factory headlights are. However the main beams seem to be too high on one side and too low on the other. Is there any way you can adjust them separately to the dipped beam? The adjusters on the back of the lights just seem to do the dipped beam

·
Super Moderator
2,498 Posts
what model have you got
if its fitted with factory hid bulbs they are good and might be set corectly and you are just noticing the pattern more
remember that the drivers side headlamp pattern is different from the passenger side
the near side (passenger ) is a wider more open beam patern that lights up the hedges more
the offside(drivers) is more flat so its not in the eyes of oncoming traffic
see if the link below works

its not the best diagram but you see what i mean

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both!

I'll check the bulb fitment when I get home from work.

It's a Type S GT, the dipped beam seems fine, its just that the passenger side main is too low, and the driver's side is too high. When you park it against a wall its quite obvious, but I couldn't work out how to adjust the main beam on its own as dipped is all good :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
2,498 Posts
it hasnt got left hand drive lights fitted has it ??
if you adjust the light it will change both beams

if you look under bonnet there are white hex key adjusters and the symbols on the black plastic pnnel will tell you if that adjuster is for up/down or left/right
just look at and just behind the bonnet slam panel

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it hasnt got left hand drive lights fitted has it ??
if you adjust the light it will change both beams

if you look under bonnet there are white hex key adjusters and the symbols on the black plastic pnnel will tell you if that adjuster is for up/down or left/right
just look at and just behind the bonnet slam panel
The beam pattern seems to be correct for RHD cars, and yeah the adjusters are as you said. I’ve tried them it’s just that the main beam isn’t right whereas the dipped beam is fine

·
Super Moderator
2,498 Posts
looks like its bulb fitment error then
cant remember fully but the type s gt might have hid d2r low beam and h2 high beam bulbs

·
Super Moderator
2,248 Posts
It'll be H7 low beam if it's halogen, D2R if it's HID.
The high beam should be an H1 on either

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Unfortunately the adjustment is on the housing so if you align dipped correct main beam should be correct, so likely a faulty bulb or not seated correctly. Alternatively you could get your local mot tester to put it on a pattern machine for a “drink” then you know they are set correctly. Sometimes it’s actually hard to tell and you may find your dipped is low too on the passenger side. Start with the cheapest/free options which is your fitment

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help guys, I'll start working through the suggestions when I get home

1 - 10 of 10 Posts