2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Today we're going to order our new car ... a Honda Civic 1.4 DSI sport.

It's a wonderful car. After driving a Volvo 460 1.9TDI for about 13 years, we thought it was time for a change. :)

One little question remains, when our Volvo's oil needed replacement, we did it ourselves, also a lot of other stuff, like distribution belt, petrol filter, ...

After the warranty stops, will we be able to do the same to the Civic, or does this all need special Honda tools and be unreachable for the common man?

Grtz.

·
Premium Member
19,185 Posts

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's why i'm not sure it's the same method on the european version. I thought maybe someone here on the forum maintains his car by him/herself

·
Premium Member
19,185 Posts
I am sure they will and you will get an answer probably later today!

·
Premium Member
1,745 Posts
Hey all,

It's a wonderful car. After driving a Volvo 460 1.9TDI for about 13 years, we thought it was time for a change. :)

One little question remains, when our Volvo's oil needed replacement, we did it ourselves, also a lot of other stuff, like distribution belt, petrol filter, ...

After the warranty stops, will we be able to do the same to the Civic, or does this all need special Honda tools and be unreachable for the common man?

Grtz.
I expect,until the warranty runs out in 3 years time,you'll be leaving servicing to the dealers.Probably be a lot more info available by then-repair manuals etc.

·
Premium Member
24,216 Posts
Hi and welcome to civinfo. :)

I'm sure in three years time, after owning it for that long and all the information you will pick up on here in that time, you'll be able to strip it into it's component parts and then rebuild it again. Never mind just service it. ;)

·
Premium Member
19,185 Posts
Hey all,

Grtz.
Take a look here: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/engines-transmission/10954-how-change-engine-oil.html

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks all for the help.
When he's out of warranty, i'll check if we can change the oil filter and stuff. if the plastic plate is stuck with a few bolts, it shouldn't be too difficult to get to the oil filter too...

Yesterday we signed the contract. First week of august we'll have the civic in our garage. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts