2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

I would like to know if this information is true, or it's only here in Portugal.

I'm still negotiating with the dealer (official used cars dealer) some repairs and documents in my "new" Honda Civic 1.8 Sport 2008.

I've requested the maintenance book but they say that the previous owner lost it. So i requested a new book with the confirmation of the services.

Instead they sent me this document that is signed by Honda official service, confirming the maintenance routine made in the vehicle and said that Honda is now doing everything online, they no longer provide maintenance book to the customers as is used to be.

Is that true? New cars no longer has this book.
My father has an Honda Accord Tourer 2.0 from 2009 and has it.

My problem is that this document seams to be done in word just in an official paper of Honda and yes signed by Honda. But if they have all in their system it should be more like and official template. This seems improvised and weird.

Here are the pictures of the paper and the official book i'm requesting.

Thanks for your support and comments.

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
My new 2013 civic had the service book

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,422 Posts
I think you are right to be suspicious. In the case of a warranty claim Honda have frequently refused if the vehicle has been serviced outside of the dealer network.

It has been posted here that you can get replacement books but they will only be stamped with the services performed by Honda and therefore logged into the system.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First off all thanks for the replies and informations.

Since today dealer decided to put some pression on me, saying that they need to deliver me the car asap, i've decided to contact Honda Portugal.

Gave them the information of the car and dealer so they can check what's happening.

I've told Honda that i'm not buying on any private dealer, but on Honda official dealer, so they must deliver all documents and accessories even if the previous owner lost it.

Even thou it's more expensive, I've decided to buy on an official Honda dealer because of that and off course, warranty and assure that previous maintenance was done.

The car is Honda Civic 1.8 Sport has 68.000 km and it's from 2008.

Once i get more information i will let you know.

If you now previous posts that can help me with information of maintenance, factory issues of this model and also car items/accessories that i should check if they are in the car, please share.

Thanks once again.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,422 Posts
One thing to never do is let a dealer pressure you into buying via giving the impression your too interested.

If they say they have another buyer then tell them to go ahead with the other buyer as your waiting for servicing info from Honda.

Without a full Honda service history you may be paying more than it's worth.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi all, here is the original Honda Portugal reply, i decided not to translate so you can translate on google and have the original version:

"Exmo. Senhor,
No seguimento da questão que nos colocou, que agradecemos e que mereceu a nossa melhor atenção, vimos pelo presente informar V. Exa. que efectivamente a Honda fornecia 2ªs vias de livros de manutenção. No entanto, o stock destes livros esgotou pelo que não há mais livros disponíveis para entrega. Assim, em substituição do livro, é emitida a declaração com as manutenções efectuadas e o respectivo Plano de Manutenção.

Sem outro assunto de momento, ficamos disponíveis para quaisquer questões adicionais.
Com os nossos melhores cumprimentos,
Veronika Pavlova"

Apoio a Clientes

Honda Portugal

So here they basically saying that the book is not on stock and that the papper is valid and replaces the book.

But then I decided to ask them when will the books be back on stock, and they sent me this sad reply:

"Exmo. Senhor,

Acusamos a recepção do seu contacto que desde já agradecemos e que mereceu a nossa melhor atenção.
Relativamente à questão que nos coloca, lamentamos informar que a Honda irá fornecer unicamente declaração em casos semelhantes não havendo mais possibilidade para 2ªs vias de livros de manutenção.

Lamentando não poder ir ao encontro à expectativa de V. Exa., subscrevemo-nos com consideração.

Veronika Pavlova

Apoio a Clientes

Honda Portugal"

Here they say it's not possible to give me the book and they will only supply the paper.

Poor Honda service here in Portugal.:(

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
In the UK service work carried out at a Honda dealer is logged on the Honda central computer (HondaCom). If a service book is lost, any Honda dealer (it does not have to be the same company/network) can access this system and check the service history.

Could you check to see if this has been done or call another Honda dealer (service department) and ask if they can check to verify that the information you have been given is correct and on the central system - hopefully they will be happy to help.

If you have any doubts about this, keep looking, other cars will come up - Correct maintenance is vital.

PS> My 2013 Civic came with a service book. Like the instruction handbook and radio code etc, I see it as part of the vehicle and it will accompany it when it is sold. It's really careless if people loose something this important.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts