2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving to work last week, when another car accidentally turned in front of me. There was no time to brake, so we had an off-centre head on smash. Fortunately neither of us suffered major injuries, but with an impact speed of 80mph, it was pretty serious. My pride-and-joy CTR didn't look too bad, but sadly it has been written off. After smashing through the front of the other car, my CTR spun, hit the kerb, broke the rear suspension and was thrown into the air. I landed about 100 feet down the road (still on all 4 wheels). The seatbelt, airbags and a bit of luck undoubtedly saved my life. I'm gutted that my car was wrecked but glad to be alive. The relative amount of damage to the two cars is amazing - the CTR has a strong structure.

Attachments

·
Down and Dirty
347 Posts
R.I.P. to another CTR! Sorry for your loss!

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
That is devastating, the main thing is that you are both OK though.

Good luck getting the insurance etc sorted quickly.

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
There is only one thing to say to this and that is thank god you are alive or not seriously injured.
Cars are just lumps of metal.

It is reassuring to know that we drive a car that copes so well with high impact crashes. I have heard of other serious crashes involving the FN2 where the driver has walked away.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
crikey! glad your ok buddy, what you got planned as a replacement?
Because she was at fault, the other person's insurance is treating me well. I have already bought my car's replacement...another NHB CTR, but a newer one. I love the way they drive, and it saved my life, so why not?

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
Glad u walked away mate. I cringed at the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for your kind messages. When my car finally landed and stopped spinning, I couldn't believe that I could open the door and get out virtually unscathed. The other driver was very lucky too - the ambulance drivers told us to go out and buy a lottery ticket!

·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts
sorry to hear this pal i am in mornin for your poor CTR
rest in peace black badboy

·
-Thor-
100 Posts
Glad to see that you are both OK.
I must say, I thought a crash at that speed would do more damage to the cars. The CTR looks like it came out of it a little better than the opposition.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
What an impact glad you got out alive mate. I bet those airbags felt nice and soft my ******* airbag didn't go off when I wrote off my 206, but thats another story
Another NHB bites the dust, for a great cause though!

Edit: just to clarify something is the impact speed split between the both cars so both of you were doing 40mph?

·
Give it some beans!! :)
473 Posts
Glad you are ok mate, and the FN2 stood up to the damage well! Hope I never see the inside of my airbag pockets!!

·
Derv Devil
1,164 Posts
I was driving to work last week, when another car accidentally turned in front of me. There was no time to brake, so we had an off-centre head on smash. Fortunately neither of us suffered major injuries, but with an impact speed of 80mph, it was pretty serious. My pride-and-joy CTR didn't look too bad, but sadly it has been written off. After smashing through the front of the other car, my CTR spun, hit the kerb, broke the rear suspension and was thrown into the air. I landed about 100 feet down the road (still on all 4 wheels). The seatbelt, airbags and a bit of luck undoubtedly saved my life. I'm gutted that my car was wrecked but glad to be alive. The relative amount of damage to the two cars is amazing - the CTR has a strong structure.
Gutted mate, I had a similar accident in my previous 2.2, they hold up really well dont they!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts