2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right folks here it is...

Had the Mugen front wings on order from TDI south but due to there being a mix up they don't have them in stock :facepalm: so what do I do...wait out for them (boat they think takes 6-8 weeks- waiting on a price for air delivery which 'only' takes 2 weeks.)

OR...

Look at using the money for an exhaust/ intake type thing? (complete newbie at this!) I don't have any engine/ exhaust type mods on the car it is completely stock as far as that is concerned but to put you in the picture I do have a Mugen styling thing going on- here it is so far...

Milano red FN2 GT- has 19" rage wheels and the GP front and rear splitters on, front Tegiwa air intakes in place of fogs, got the same cf vented bonnet as pcwd (Mugen style) and Mugen front grill...also got the rear wing on order- due to arrive next week.

I think the front wings would look great but in hindsight not sure if they have enough visual impact on a red car to warrant the money they cost...

What do you lot think? :confused:

Steve

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
Get a Martelius Exhaust [smilie=lil_red_dev:

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
The Mugen front does look very good! better than you might think until you see it in the flesh...

Not me in first pic lol!

Are you having the prototype (red car) or just the Mugen lower bumper section (my car)

The prototype bumper looks wicked in the flesh!

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Mugen front does look very good! better than you might think until you see it in the flesh...

Not me in first pic lol!

Are you having the prototype (red car) or just the Mugen lower bumper section (my car)

Would LOVE the bumper- nah mate its the front wings- you know, above the wheel arch bits of the car. Like I say they don't really stand out that much unless your side on to the car IMA and not sure now if they worth almost £1K...

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
Would LOVE the bumper- nah mate its the front wings- you know, above the wheel arch bits of the car. Like I say they don't really stand out that much unless your side on to the car IMA and not sure now if they worth almost £1K...
I hope that's for a set of 2! OUCH

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Go for power. Make use of your fog inserts and get tegi induction kit and manifold. You won't be disappointed. More noise without having to change the exhaust and loads of mid range grunt.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Go for power. Make use of your fog inserts and get tegi induction kit and manifold. You won't be disappointed. More noise without having to change the exhaust and loads of mid range grunt.
...yeah did bit of reading about intakes- the fog inserts would use the injen cai? if i used that would i need a remap...whatever one of those is?!?!

like i said...NEWBIE ALERT!! ;)

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
...yeah did bit of reading about intakes- the fog inserts would use the injen cai? if i used that would i need a remap...whatever one of those is?!?!

like i said...NEWBIE ALERT!! ;)
im running the injen with the mugen garnish kit and you defo need a remap to run it!

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
Do some more reading mate and be sure of what you want to achieve and know what you need to buy to do it :)

If you do want to go for power like suggested, things such as inlet manifold, exhaust manifold, larger throttle body, better air intake and better exhaust along with a remap (using a hondata flashpro device to tune your ECU so the mods work smoothly together) and you'll see good power gains aswel as gain a nice meaty sound. Good luck

·
Registered
492 Posts

Not me in first pic lol!

which positions light have you??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts