2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I need your help please.
Ive got a 2.2 diesel with 142000k, drives perfect.
I want it to be faster, its standard 140bhp, I want to get it upto about 200bhp but still want the fuel economy and want it to look bog standard at the same time. I understand that I will have to probably have to upgrade the clutch.
What can I do?
What clutch should I go for?

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Remap with egr delete celtic tuning or premier tuning (fahad is on here) cg paddle clutch and new dual mass flywheel is what i believe people on here like the most! coste1l and Relic will no doubtdly be on this thread soon both are insanely knowledgeable (find their build threads)

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
DMF is dual mass flywheel diesels have these to deal with the extra torque the engine produces over petrol reducing vibration and making gear changes easier and a paddle clutch is made of 6 "finger like paddles" rather than a normal disc the paddle can deal alot better with the added torque and power with different springs in the paddle clutch the 4 paddles are hard to drive but the 6 paddle clutch would be fine and deal with the added power better

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so what are my best option?
how will it effect fuel effeciancy?
what realisticly will i notice in 0-60 times and general acceleration?
What is meant by different stages of remap?
what does a remap involve?
do i need to upgrade my brakes or suspension?
i have a 6 line goodridge stainless steel hose kit already fitted to the braking system with upgraded brake fluid from abp motorsport (dissapointed with the brakes still), the rest is all original
sorry for all the questions

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
you're too quick..... +1 have a search for this geeza's work!
and other stuff by relic also... they are the 2 diesel gods I think... fahad from premier tuning really knows his stuff too...

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
so what are my best option?
how will it effect fuel effeciancy?
what realisticly will i notice in 0-60 times and general acceleration?
What is meant by different stages of remap?
what does a remap involve?
do i need to upgrade my brakes or suspension?
i have a 6 line goodridge stainless steel hose kit already fitted to the braking system with upgraded brake fluid from abp motorsport (dissapointed with the brakes still), the rest is all original
sorry for all the questions

Opinions will all vary heres my 2 pence worth

so what are my best option? Go for a map that suits your car maximum bhp is not always the best option a nice curve on your remap (smooth power) and good driveability is priceless
how will it effect fuel effeciancy? The same if not better with current driving style but with more power your likely to use it and floor it more and use more fuel
what realisticly will i notice in 0-60 times and general acceleration? they will be significantly improved but the drive will be the thing youll love the most with the remap "ironing out the creases"
What is meant by different stages of remap? Different powers, Different curves of power and torque but a remap made for your car will be best there are lots of options and could open up a big :worms: ill leave that to Relic and Coste1l
what does a remap involve? Depends which kind ill leave this to The above guys
do i need to upgrade my brakes or suspension? A FRS would be ideal (fast road setup (lowering slightly) but making the car handle much better and new discs and pads (ebc get rave reviews) would be a good start more power needs more braking

i have a 6 line goodridge stainless steel hose kit already fitted to the braking system with upgraded brake fluid from abp motorsport (dissapointed with the brakes still), the rest is all original That is a good start!

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
I have a petrol and im skint thus i dont have those mods but i love my cars and have worked on them for years plus reading this forum pretty much word for word has helped me get a good perspective on the civic DERV

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Im willing to spend about £1000, will that get me your set up costel?
Realy want milk the derv engine but not destroy it at the same time!
Not a chance the clutch and dmf is around £900 if im correct remap is around 3-400 im sure people will clarify but if you want to take the root of remap first and then dmf and clutch when they slip (which with 200 ponies would be quick) then yeah but more money would have to go in first!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.