2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got my Civic Ex I wanted the glass roof and leather as a option, but was told that this is not available, which I was really disappointed about ,being the EX (top model) I would of thought you should be able too, anyway after try many times with no results, I thought I'd go for it anyway

WELL !!!! anyone got the "dream" magazine today on page 43 it has "many people rang asking for glass roof and leather on the EX.......... you guessed it they now have added it as a option..... nice one Honda thanks :-(

NOT HAPPY :(

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Alan, it has been an option for a while - simple fix though, trade in yours and get another!

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Alan, exactly the same thing happened to me. Ordered a 1.8EX i-Shift in Cosmic on 3rd Feb, wanted leather/glass but not made. Found out in early April you could have it. Had to cancel order and place fresh order for new spec. Del Aug, then Sept, then October. Then told you can't have Cosmic as they're stopping it after July production!! [smilie=geesturbed.:

Really annoyed me, so I went to see what they had coming in during July and settled for my second choice colour, Midnight Black, but with Velour and no glass roof. I miss the leather a bit but my wife prefers the velour as it's more comfortable. Don't miss the glass at all. Finally collected it last week of July. They gave me the MB paint foc as compensation. :D

If I hadn't already parted with my old car (Mini Cooper S Works fully kitted) I would have cancelled. I'm pleased now though as I've met so many friendly people on Civinfo and I just love my new Civic. [smilie=gt-happyup.:

Have fun and enjoy.

Al.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm pretty sure that if you want leather you need either the SE or now the EX, it certainly wasn't an option when I ordered my ES

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
...another point, Alan, if you had been able to specify the leather/glass option then you could still be waiting for delivery. Sometime in September (or even October) would probably have been the earliest. At least you've had all those extra months of fun and you could always ask about a trade-in round about November time when the delivery situation may have improved after they catch up on the backlog. Might be interesting to make a call and do the sums to see what it will cost.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I'll call them and see (only out of interests) , but I guessing it's going to be in the £3000 to £4000 mark !! which is to much for me.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Alan said:
I think I'll call them and see (only out of interests) , but I guessing it's going to be in the £3000 to £4000 mark !! which is to much for me.
I think Anglian Windows will double glaze it for less than that !!! :lol:

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
I should think so, and stained glass too. !!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I was told my glass roof would take the delivery to the end of the year Oct/Nov at the earlest so I canceled it. Now it looks like I not going to get one without till October :(

·
Registered
341 Posts
Leathering

My EX i-Shift was ordered in Feb and delivered early July. The i-Shift delay was caused by gearbox remapping or at least that's what I was told. As you say, back in Feb., Honda in their wisdom, had the panoramic roof only available as standard fit on the ES and leather as a factory fit option on the SE - totally ridiculous and thankfully they have seen sense and offer it on the flagship EX at long last - but too late for me!
Being impatient bu....r. and not wanting to wait any longer (as if Feb. to July is not long enough) I decided to take the bespoke route and have leather fitted via the dealer by Transform Leather - lots of choice, unique & no delay - but a bit pricier. The non availabilty, at the time, of the panoramic roof did not bother me.

Two things that did bother me though concerned misleading information in the original brochure, both the printed one and the online one. (I think they have just issued new ones)

First concerns the 'City Pack' and the brochure photos show the front,rear & side protectors together with what is actually the front & rear garnish and they appear to be colour coded. (which they are not) The accompaning text states that only the 'Sedici' wheels are extra and it makes no mention of the garnishes at all. This leaves you with the impression that the proctectors are 3 peices to the front & 3 peices to the rear instead of 2. When I queried this with Honda all they told me is that its as in the picture! The garnishes are in fact £235 for the front and £235 for the back.
The misleading City Pack pictures still appear in the current brochure - naughty.
So beware if you are ordering the City Pack/ Protectors.

The second item concerns the CO2 emissions. The original brochure and price list showed all of the i-Shifts in VED band C but in fact the Sport & EX are now in band D. When I mentioned this to my dealer, they had no knowledge of any change and assumed they were band C. They had been charging customer's £100 pa road tax instead of £125!
Where did Honda slip that one in? - although they have now amended their brochure (very quietly)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts