2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I bought a Type R GT yesterday and i'm really happy with it, I just have a fw questions. When I try to make a call using voice recognition it asks for the name and when I say the name it says some numbers back to me like 998 etc. is this broken or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
It doesn't read your phone book it will only recognise numbers you've saved in the car so if you have none saved it will just try to determine numbers from your speech bud .... Hope this helps

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh so can I save some numbers I call a lot like the wife etc? And it will work when I say call wife for example?
Thanks sorry either I'm a noob or this system isn't very user friendly.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Yeh exactly that buddy :) I think you say phone book then it gives you options its in the Manual .. Let me know if you don't have one and il try dig mine out with the instructions

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeh exactly that buddy :) I think you say phone book then it gives you options its in the Manual .. Let me know if you don't have one and il try dig mine out with the instructions
Much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Just wait until it starts talking to you in French or German, now that's a laugh.:(
:hahaha::hahaha: That's what I did but was French. Took me ages to sort it:facepalm:

·
Administrator
21,246 Posts
Hello
I bought a Type R GT yesterday and i'm really happy with it, I just have a fw questions. When I try to make a call using voice recognition it asks for the name and when I say the name it says some numbers back to me like 998 etc. is this broken or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks.
Join the club.

I've found that depending on the time of the month it can vary with what can work.
Often I've given it "Call Home" and it's responded "0346, etc"

I then start again using "Dial Home". If that fails then I just use "Call" or "Dial" and wait for it to respond "What name or number do you want to dial/call". I then respond with "Home" and it seems to work"

·
Registered
51 Posts
mine sometimes does this i find swearing at it a lot fixes it, its just a case of storing the numbers you are most likely to want to call like the wife, home, the other wife, the pub etc and it should work. Mine was locked with a pin code and stuck in italian when I first got it, thankfully durham honda reset it for me for free (love those guys)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts