2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to hodas world and ive been looking for honda civic gen 8 hatchback but there are some things i can not undarstand. First what are the diferences betwen the sta nav and original radio exept the navigation is the speakers wattege output is higher or not. So i want someone to tell me what wattage is the sat nav,the normal and the premium. Because the only thing i was abble to find is that the premium has only a added sub with amp for itself, is that so? Also is there a diferent speakers or they are the same/or there are 2 more? Also i want to knоw where the sub is located so i can look for it when I look for a car? And last is there way to upgrage an non premium sound sistem to a premium- adding an original sub with its amp?

·
i-Vtec
4,120 Posts
I added the Honda Bassworks Amp and speakers to my standard system. A huge improvement. Down sides, you'll only find them at Scrapyards or Ebay. The issue with Ebay is that Breakers don't take the rear speakers out of the car. These are what really make the system get its bass. Ok no reason you couldn't source low range speakers to give more bass. The great thing about this system is its plug and play and sits underneath the standard stereo.
Dont buy ones without the harness.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
@Das’s system does sound epic - his taste in music ain’t half bad either :D

Reactions: Das

·
Super Moderator
2,539 Posts
Get an FN2 the engine makes all the music you'll ever need.

·
Premium Member
3,436 Posts
Im new to hodas world and ive been looking for honda civic gen 8 hatchback but there are some things i can not undarstand. First what are the diferences betwen the sta nav and original radio exept the navigation is the speakers wattege output is higher or not. So i want someone to tell me what wattage is the sat nav,the normal and the premium. Because the only thing i was abble to find is that the premium has only a added sub with amp for itself, is that so? Also is there a diferent speakers or they are the same/or there are 2 more? Also i want to knоw where the sub is located so i can look for it when I look for a car? And last is there way to upgrage an non premium sound sistem to a premium- adding an original sub with its amp?
I don't think that there was a system with oem subwoofer.The only package that I remember is the bassworks,which had an amplifier (2channel) and a pair of 2 rear bass speakers.

Στάλθηκε από το Nokia 5.3 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,436 Posts
I added the Honda Bassworks Amp and speakers to my standard system. A huge improvement.
[U
Do the rear bassworks speakers play only low frequencies?Like small subwoofers?

·
i-Vtec
4,120 Posts
Do the rear bassworks speakers play only low frequencies?Like small subwoofers?

Yes, its notably much lower. I swapped between the original ones and the bassworks ones a few times and there was a big difference, I stuck with the bassworks ones because the Bass was much better.

·
Premium Member
3,436 Posts
Yes, its notably much lower. I swapped between the original ones and the bassworks ones a few times and there was a big difference, I stuck with the bassworks ones because the Bass was much better.
Do you know if they are 4ohms or 2ohms?

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Bassworks speakers are 2ohm. Note that only the rear speakers are powered by the bassworks amp, front remain 4ohm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts