· Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Damn this has been abandoned :( ... will be bringing it up to date soon :grin2:

· Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Interior Progress

Right, will start off nice and gently and progress as I go.

Whist life has been busy, I have built up quite a selection of mods that are already on the car and some are eager to be fitted.

Gauge

Starting off with the interior, I have ripped out that nasty ebay gauge and replaced it with what appears to be incredibly good replica of the Defi 60mm Volt gauge. I have had it for a while now and cannot complain. Especially, for £20 it cost me :laugh2: Gauges are a funny one in my opinion and I know many find them pointless. I however, love them as they do come in useful. Having a sub in the car I do tend to play music whist the engine is off quite a bit so having a volt gauge gives me a peace of mind.

Gear Stick Surround

I have decided to wrap the gear stick surround and the little compartment door. The job was fairly easy as I am used to removing the center console which was required in order to detach the little compartment above the gear stick. I used the same wrap as on my bonnet and it seems to hold well so far. However, I am looking to have both parts dipped in carbon soon. I have also added leather gator with blue stitching which I found on ebay.

To add to the convenience, I have purchased spider podium off ebay which I find brilliant for holding my phone...especially for navigation. I would definitely recommend it as it is mega easy to adjust for various devices.

I forgot to take a photo, but my car now has a custom expandable accessories loom which I have put together myself. The enclosure is kept in the elbow compartment and allows me to easily plug and unplug various accessories in the car which are powered by the 12V supply(gauge, sub remote in etc.). The loom runs off the fused 12V supply to the cigarette socket below the gear stick. Will get a photo of it soon :D

The plan is to purchase the mugen rep 3 gauge enclosure and fit two more 60mm gauges. For anyone considering getting gauges, I would definitely recommend the 60mm size as they do look that little bit nicer in my opinion.

The photo was taken not long before I have changed the gloss dash surround for Type R carbon effect one :)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda Steering wheel

· Premium Member
17,906 Posts
Lookin' good, from what I can see

Do you have a link to the gauge you're running, or know the make?

Have you found a good 3 gauge pod?

A custom loom is a good idea, nice one.

I'd forgotten how shiny the OEM dash surrounds are.

· Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Lookin' good, from what I can see

Do you have a link to the gauge you're running, or know the make?

Have you found a good 3 gauge pod?

A custom loom is a good idea, nice one.

I'd forgotten how shiny the OEM dash surrounds are.
60mm Led Car Boost/Water/Oil Temp/Pressure/Tachometer/Volt/Vacuum Gauge Meter | eBay

This is the link to the gauge. It is from China so some patience is required. It is one to one replica of the Defi Race 60mm Gauges. As it is not connected to the controller ( as real ones meant to) it does not zero once the ignition is off. But not to worry, once the power is back on it reads perfectly fine and you get a fancy start up sequence each time. I can get a video of that. It does have 7 colors and a night mode which I have not used yet. It taps into the side lights/dipped beam supply and turns the gauge red at night for better night vision. Mine is set to blue permanently but I am going to wire the night mode in at some point.

The three gauge pod I am going to get is the Tegiwa one for RHD cars. It is £125 I believe. It is designed for MK8 civics and looks the part.

Thanks :) I wanted to do it for ages and one day I just sat down and built it in a few hours. Makes life so much easier!

Yep they are! Weirdly, once I fitted the Type R one I still had doubts as the gloss was to my liking. Now I am used to the R one and do like it a hell of a lot :D

· Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Great mods pal.....would be great to meet up again in the summer and see what you've done ??

· Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Great mods pal.....would be great to meet up again in the summer and see what you've done ??
Thanks mate :) Definitely! Has been a while! Hope yours is coming along nicely.

· Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Yeh bin too long mate, yours is coming along nicely tho.... il probs start gettin her out feb time as won't be gettin no traction in this weather now its charged.....watch my thread over the next two days for updates ??

· Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yeh bin too long mate, yours is coming along nicely tho.... il probs start gettin her out feb time as won't be gettin no traction in this weather now its charged.....watch my thread over the next two days for updates ??
Nice one ! Will do for sure :D

· Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Meant to have a quiet December but ended up modding more. Will have something to do over the holidays so its time to start writing up the progress :laugh2:

· Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Mods

Ways bin doin mod wise then pal?
Managed to fit in the full conversion as I found a decent spray shop near me and braced my rear for better handling. I am working on the chronological write up with pics atm so should be up soon. The brace is OMP and I was a bit skeptical about it but it seems to make the rear a little tighter and it now seems to corner quite flat. I am still not 100% believer but will see how it holds up!

· Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Managed to fit in the full conversion as I found a decent spray shop near me and braced my rear for better handling. I am working on the chronological write up with pics atm so should be up soon. The brace is OMP and I was a bit skeptical about it but it seems to make the rear a little tighter and it now seems to corner quite flat. I am still not 100% believer but will see how it holds up!
Yeh I have the j's racing front and pillar but think they're more for looks but could be wrong, I think it's the ones underneath the car that would make the most difference i would think....glad you got your conversion done, you'll have to come Bristol ways and show me some time unless we can get a half way meet done then hopefully get a load of em there to look at. Did you do the full suspension as well as breaks? Have you done the exhaust conversion also?

· Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Yeh I have the j's racing front and pillar but think they're more for looks but could be wrong, I think it's the ones underneath the car that would make the most difference i would think....glad you got your conversion done, you'll have to come Bristol ways and show me some time unless we can get a half way meet done then hopefully get a load of em there to look at. Did you do the full suspension as well as breaks? Have you done the exhaust conversion also?
Struts are a funny one as it also depends a lot on design. Some are better and more rigid than others. How are you finding yours ? What suspension are you running ?

I am currently running 4 new shocks with FN2 springs and gotta say that on the 5 door they seem to work quite well. Even before the strut the car handled really well. I am looking to get the Pro Kit from Eibach but not sure how low it will drop the car as it is my daily. Also, how the springs behave without FRS as I am on a budget for the moment. If I can get away without doing the geometry then I would grab the kit and new drop links. I have already purchased new ARB bushes to go on so will be a good time to do all of this at once. Can do Cheddar again as last time the weather killed it but the drive was still great or other place with more people. Would be good to have my handling up to scratch by then so at least I wont be holding anyone back...well less than before :grin2:

You having anything done this winter of you holding out until feb?

· Premium Member
1,773 Posts
I'm running yellow speed coilovers with Frsu , poly arb bushes and rigid collar kit. The car handles brilliantly but can't really say it was down to the braces ....thats not to say they don't they may have made a difference now everything is done all together but before the coilovers and the rest never noticed much difference ....coilovers and Frsu are the most noticeable things then the rest just tightens it all together. Going to charge your motor ? Seen it been done a few times now

· Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Suspension

I'm running yellow speed coilovers with Frsu , poly arb bushes and rigid collar kit. The car handles brilliantly but can't really say it was down to the braces ....thats not to say they don't they may have made a difference now everything is done all together but before the coilovers and the rest never noticed much difference ....coilovers and Frsu are the most noticeable things then the rest just tightens it all together. Going to charge your motor ? Seen it been done a few times now
That sounds decent ! I think long term aim is to move to coilovers. Was it your original suspension mod or did u run springs before and gradually move to coilover suspension.

I am looking at a few options at the moment and hence getting the car ready with suspension and next should be braking. I still have your FN2 calipers ready to be rebuilt and painted :grin2:

The winning plan is the turbo but divided as the K20 swap looks appealing. Jackson racing do supercharger kits for R18 and its pretty much go to bolt on mod for my engine and people in the US are lucky as they have that available to them. For us on the other hand, it has to be imported. Still, will keep my mind open but as for now I really love the car as it is with regards to power.

21 - 40 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.