2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am looking for a bit of advice and then once I know exactly what I'm after, I'll need an installer in the Manchester area.

Requirements are:
  • Audio only connection
  • Ability to charge the iPod
  • iPod connection preferably in the centre storage console
  • Control can be by either the iPod itself or the steering wheel
So I think I need the DICE box. Is this right? If so, what's the exact model number/name?

If that's correct, does anyone know who'd be best to get it done and how much it should be costing me?

Or even better, is there anyone nearby willing to help with the DIY method :)

Apologies for the most basic of requirements, but this is all pretty new to me ;)

Thanks

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Hi,

My ipod requirements sound just like yours. I have a Dension Gateway 100 in my car and it works fine. There is a very good installation guide in the Wiki area, if you fancy doing it yourself.

Afraid, I can't recommend a good local installer if you don't have the time or arn't brave enough (like me) to install it yourself. However, I would avoid a company called Incar-installer.com. I was lucky. In spite of calling them several times they never called me back to arrange an installation date. I recently spoke to someone who did use their services and they made a complete mess of his car!

My wife found a local ICE installer in the Yellow Pages and they installed everything for me just fine. Did a really good job. However they are based in Essex :(

From memory (not my greatest asset) the Dension cost just under £100 and the installation cost £80

Hope that helps

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info John. Did you buy the Denison box yourself and supply it to the installer or did they get everything for you?

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I bought the Dension myself and then my wife gave all the bits (Dension and Brodit mounting kit) to the installer who put it in the car for me.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You mind me asking where you got your Denison from?

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I got mine from iPod Car Kit Direct

They were OK with delivery. Dension changed the model just when I ordered my kit. The Brodit mounting plate, that I ordered at the same time, came next day. However, I had to wait a month for the Dension stuff. But, ipodcarkitdirect kept me informed and delivered the kit as soon as it was available, so that wasn't bad.

As I've said before, avoid their recommended installer like the plague!

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Honestly mate, fit it yourself...it's really not that difficult to do!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts