2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

My 06 cdti had developed a nasty fume smell in the cabin when starting and in traffic. Looking about it seems like I have the common honda engineered manifold crack. I am going to speak to my honda dealer but don't hold out much hope of getting it sorted foc even though it seems quite a dangerous known fault.

Has anyone sorted the manifold themselves? Can I remove it and have it welded, do I have to drain the oil or can the turbo feed just be crimped while it is repaired?

Thanks
Tom

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,788 Posts
Quite a few Accord owners have repaired/replaced their own manifolds, and someone on the TypeAccord forum has a garage in Bradford and will remove/reweld/refit for a fixed price (was 200 pounds recently).

I've not seen a DIY on Civinfo, but here's a link to TA where someone recently fitted a new manifold to their Accord (new ones are single piece cast, so unlikely to ever crack). Sould be a very similar task on a Civic...

DIY - Replace bad/cracked manifold on 2.2 i-ctdi Accord 2007 - 7th Gen DIY - TypeAccord

The fumes aren't as dangerous as you might think, as there's very little CO in diesel exhaust. Have you definitely ruled out a leaking injector seal?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sent honda uk an email about it and they said I have to take it to the main dealer for diagnosis. Will ring em on Monday and see how much they want for this, then see if honda are willing to help. I'm more than a little disappointed really that they didn't recall these when they realised the fault was happening!!

Will post with response after spoken to dealer!

·
more torque than the mrs
6,638 Posts
Sent honda uk an email about it and they said I have to take it to the main dealer for diagnosis. Will ring em on Monday and see how much they want for this, then see if honda are willing to help. I'm more than a little disappointed really that they didn't recall these when they realised the fault was happening!!

Will post with response after spoken to dealer!
if you tell them you have spoken to honda uk they might check for free mine was,no recall simply because its customer complaint only..

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Mine was replaced for free today. Car is a 58 plate with 100k on the clock. Don't have a full Honda FSH either. So for once I am happy with Honda!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The promised update!

Mine is in now paid for by honda, I had to pay the £95 diagnostic fee, which worked out ok as my front end knocking is dropped bump stops and drop links they have told me, more work for me to do

Did hurt a little paying £95 for a coffee and a wash though!!!!

·
more torque than the mrs
6,638 Posts
The promised update!

Mine is in now paid for by honda, I had to pay the £95 diagnostic fee, which worked out ok as my front end knocking is dropped bump stops and drop links they have told me, more work for me to do

Did hurt a little paying £95 for a coffee and a wash though!!!!
glad your sorted mate;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts