2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the standared mani have 2 sensors in it ? what happens to them when you fit the CPL manifold ?

·
Registered
639 Posts
The standard exhaust manifold has 2 sensors.
The CPL race manifold has only 1 sensor bung for the primary sensor.
That means with this manifold you will also need flashpro to switch off the 2nd lambdasensor so you can leave it out.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Yes it has two. The secondary one needs to be turned off when you install a decat
failure to do so will result in a CEL on your dash.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how do i do that ? and what do you do with the sensor ? i am running a gp n map

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
how do i do that ? and what do you do with the sensor ? i am running a gp n map
Via Flash pro manager. Just type in Secondary oxygen sensor into the help section and it will explain what to do. Its easy

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
what one IS the secondary ?
Its an oxygen sensor. The secondary ones job is to check the cat is working and if not generate a CEL.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how long should it take guys, want it doing today but everywhere says it looks like a nmight mare ! i was told it was quite easy from underneath ?

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
how long should it take guys, want it doing today but everywhere says it looks like a nmight mare ! i was told it was quite easy from underneath ?
What is? Installing the CPL manifold or removing the second oxygen sensor?

·
Registered
639 Posts
The last time I changed my stock exhaust manifold by my raceheader because of an MOT test took me 4 hours. After a while you get handy with it.

·
Registered
639 Posts
You have to keep in mind that I have an AAS racemanifold on my FN2. This manifold has primary pipes which are divided in two parts so the manifold can easily be installed or removed.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Takes different amount of time depending on how you do it.

Taking the front subframe off gives you better access from underneath and is quicker IMO. But then again I know some do not prefer this method.

Either way your talking 3 hours ish.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts