2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I changed the engine oil the other day and about 8-10 inches behind where the oil drain plug is I had a drip formed on the low point of what I assume is the clutch housing? All fluid reservoirs seem fine. It seems to be a clear oil so I'm assuming Manual gear oil (1.8 V-tec) I can't see any oil on the driveshaft so I am worried it could be the back seal wherever that is? I will get it looked at this week but it's doing my head in being limited in ramps etc or time to take undertray off. Can anyone definitively clear up my anguish or reassure me the earth is flat and not to worry about. All suggestions welcome pan gasket, case cracked, Brexit etc. Discuss? ... I have a picture but don't know how to upload.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hi mate
Have u replaced the washer and tightened the sump plug to the correct torque setting.
As for the leak i monitor it to first making sure the drain oil sump plug is secure.
If it clutch fluid then check your reservior if it needs topping up.
Gearbox oil when new is pink in colour then changes to rusty brown when used.

I would suggest u check your sump plugs and washer is secure and also the oil filter is fitted correctly.

If it still leaks from the clutch housing its more like the transmission rubber seal need replacing ..

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping it was a plug tighten! Sold! Seriously though the reservoirs are fine. The oil seems to be clear. I thought the gear oil on manuals was clear and the Auto's were pink? Also, I think it was leaking when I bought it with 45,000 last July. Now on 55,000 so in theory drain plug shouldn't have been touched since factory as I thought you change at 75,000 interval? It does seem to be slow. I should have cleaned service cover to gauge volume as I'm hoping it's very slow. Are the fill drain gearbox's towards passenger wheel well as the only large nut at the bottom of the case was right next to the exhaust?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I changed my transmission fluid on my 2.2 deisel manual civic .
The fill plug is when u remove the plastic battery tray and remove some bolts on where the battery rest u see the fill plug
I replaced the washer and bolt.
The drain and fill level for the transmission fluid would be when u remove the plastic undertray under the engine sump u see two hexagon shape fill and drain plugs.
Am sure if u got a haynes manual it tell u as location of plugs and capacity of transmission oil varies engine to engine.
On my deisel it was 2.2 litres it needed.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
How do I upload a picture without a URL so I can show where the leak is from the service panel for engine oil drain? I've seen a few transmission oil replace vids and they seem to be on the passenger side. This leak is about 8-10 inches behind the engine oil drain plug on the bottom of what I think is the clutch housing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts