2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I was just wondering, since I cannot find a valid 0-100 number, how these two are compared performance wise?
I think I had seen a video at YouTube showing the CVT a little bit faster. Can this be true?

·
Registered
491 Posts
It's true and pretty normal. The CVT doesn't need to shift and is almost always in its perfect powerband.
But it has a limiter with a lower topspeed then the manual and the torque figure is 220Nm instead of 240Nm for manual.
Also, with engine tuning in mind, you're also better with a manual because the CVT isn't build for higher torque.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Honda uk brochure have them both at 8.2, you tube vidoes and American magazines motor trend and road & track have the cvt slightly faster to 100km however the manual is faster at higher speeds 0-160km

·
Registered
491 Posts
Honda uk brochure have them both at 8.2, you tube vidoes and American magazines motor trend and road & track have the cvt slightly faster to 100km however the manual is faster at higher speeds 0-160km
Sounds about right. The manual has more torque and higher topspeed.
I've also seen some videos where they manage to get a low 7sec on a stock car.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The CVT is much better than an automatic transmission, by the look of it the numbers are minimal compared to the manual. Test drive the CVT, it's very responsive - so different to a Nissan or Toyota CVT.

The CVT for me is so much pleasure to drive whether it be motorways, country roads or residential areas. It's never felt sluggish when you need the acceleration it's there.

I got 'tired' of manual after my 8G 6 speed manual - great car but gear changes aren't needed when you have a great CVT that hardly has any impact on acceleration or miles per gallon!

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
The CVT is much better than an automatic transmission, by the look of it the numbers are minimal compared to the manual. Test drive the CVT, it's very responsive - so different to a Nissan or Toyota CVT.

The CVT for me is so much pleasure to drive whether it be motorways, country roads or residential areas. It's never felt sluggish when you need the acceleration it's there.

I got 'tired' of manual after my 8G 6 speed manual - great car but gear changes aren't needed when you have a great CVT that hardly has any impact on acceleration or miles per gallon!
8gen 5sp auto solves any of the 6 speed manual issues - a little more thirsty tho' !

·
Registered
491 Posts
The CVT is much better than an automatic transmission, by the look of it the numbers are minimal compared to the manual.
It's a great transmission! The only downside is that it's not as "bulletproof" as other transmissions when you want higher power/torque.
Other then that it's the most efficiënt transmission.

Edit: I never have driven one. I certainly want to testdrive one sometime.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts